How do ppl lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    well, I wasn't even thinking about exercise when i was writing this, as I exercise as often as I can . I was really just asking about the sugar/carbs/sodium etc. b/c I'm watching them all and find it so hard to get my calories in without going over the other things so I was usually not getting enough calories per day. Thanks for all the info :)
  • Stewie316
    Stewie316 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I've lost 11 pounds in 5 weeks by just counting calories. I don't pay attention to anything else.
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I track only my calories in my food diary but ...
    I make sure to have a protein, healthy fat and good carbs (lots of veggies and some fruit) at every meal and it all works itself out.
    Not eating a lot of processed foods takes care of keeping the sodium and sugar levels in proper proportion.

I've lost 28 lbs since January just keeping track of my calories and none of the other macronutrients as I found it was making me stress a little too much trying to get in the green with everything.

Good Luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I haven't really tracked sugar or carbs since I started using this site and I've done fine with losing. I don't think have exercised an excessive amount to where that would explain my progress... Ive been on this journey since July of 2010.

I do pay attention to sodium but only as a means of explaining bad weigh ins. I will say that I don't normally go over sodium unless I have eaten out that day, because most of what I eat is prepared by me so I can control the sodium.

Small rant, but I think that carbs get a bad rap and completely eliminating them is not a sustainable eating practice.