Question about bike riding colories

Options
dhiggins8
dhiggins8 Posts: 466 Member
When riding a bike on the streets going up and down hills at 10 mph do you put it is as the 10 mph leisurely or should you put it in as mountain biking. It just ses that I worked harder than 181 cLories for 30 minutes up hills and against the wind. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I know I should probably get a heart rate monitor to solve all my cLorie burn questions huh?

Replies

• snowbaby1492
    Options
    Leisurely. You're doing road biking. When I go mountain biking, I'm off the road on the trails. Even if you aren't on a mountain, but you're doing a lot of hills off road it counts because you work harder. When you mountain bike, say you go 8 miles on the trail. That's like 16 miles on the road. I've been doing mountain biking for seven years now.
  • LCong
    LCong Posts: 14
    Options
    Yes, heart rate monitor is the way to go. I wear one every time I walk, play tennis, workout in gym, run etc. It's the only way to truly count calories as it assesses your cal burn against your heart rate - this is calculated by your individual weight. I highly recommend one!