Does P90x really work?

Options
Just wondering if the P90x really works and if people are seeing drastic results in the "90 day" period.

Thanks.

Replies

• tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I am starting my 4th week tomorrow, and I can tell you that I have seen results! I've lost 2 inches on my wais and hips, so 4 inches altogether in 21 days! That may not seem like alot but I wasn't that big to begin with. I also feel really good now :) Hope it helps :)
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    It works if you put effort into it. I did it for a few weeks ---I stopped because I got seriously ill-- but in those few weeks I saw results. My boyfriend did it and got amazing results. You just have to actually DO it and push yourself the whole time. Also, make sure to follow a diet plan because without a good diet, exercise will be almost pointless.

So long answer short, yes it works, but you have to actually DO it!
    Good luck!
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    It definitely does if you're willing to put in the time - the workouts are all 50+ minutes. And you do them six days per week. There are a lot of people on YouTube who post their progress if you want to see the real results from regular people.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose weight.

I did, however, gain stamina, strength and endurance. That program is great for that!!
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose weight.

I did, however, gain stamina, strength and endurance. That program is great for that!!
  • trinityj1
    trinityj1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    It absolutely does, it's phenomenal. I've always hated workout dvds and a struggle with motivation sometimes, but I love P90X. I cheer when I finish a workout and I feel fantastic all day. X!

ETA: I've also lost two sizes, 7 cm off my waist, 10cm off my hips, and I am in the best shape of my life.
  • jaybaileys
    jaybaileys Posts: 317
    Options
    If losing 25 lbs and 4 inches off my waist in 90 days "works" than yes it does. You have to put in the effort, eat the right diet, which is included in the plan, and get your rest. Oh and you have to do the workouts too. It definitely works. I love the X. Ive finished the classic 3 times. Can't wait for the new one to come out!
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    YES....
  • vroyyoung
    vroyyoung Posts: 33
    Options
    I did it for 5 weeks, and then had to stop because I injured myself on the plyometrics (jumping) routine. Though I lost very little weight, I lost several inches. Now that I'm healed I've been using the Bob Harper Inside Out Method and have had great weight loss results, but I plan to return to the P90X once I get into the normal weight range for my height to tone and firm up. It is very demanding on your time as it ranges from 50 - 90 minutes 6 - 7 days a week.
  • 321Detonate
    321Detonate Posts: 131
    Options
    I'm finishing my second round tomorrow, and I'm very happy with my results. If you follow the nutrition plan and push yourself, I mean REALLY push yourself through the workouts, you will have success. It is hard, and it is serious, you can't half-*kitten* it!!
  • BecksgotBack
    BecksgotBack Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'm 1 week into the Lean program and i'm convinced. i can feel the difference, and already see some definition to my abs. it's hard work and you have to be dedicated...follow the nutrition plan and work your *kitten* off every day. i'm dripping in sweat during every workout. Greatest feeling ever!