6 week PUSH YOURSELF challenge roster

Options
Good Sunday evening all,

We are all ready to get this challenge started tomorrow, right? I am ready! Here is the roster that I have;

chickadee 2010
babyprincess13
amber_hanners
missyjane
tenniskad2
TammyBee
TAHerring
AKHerring
emmaleigh
Marrissam
ellis_rn
JustForMe27
flems629
deannarey13
kanakike8
cmsnowden
hawkeyegal1995
ptillson
Pinky850
sherrillg
crebbe
Mom2LayLa09
tbates82
jolyned
Ampierce
christinaberlyn
jscimeca
kgillikin
Maxylicious
kiki_ac
delta1997
Wonder_Vegan
1crazymom
NanoReefDiver
wendyleffingwell
jsteras
syd1980
Heatherp71
rhiannon1979
Kwood0714
Mstoripier
jeanaustic
bethvandenberg
sj8108
jennro7781
keryn92
k80qt66
mazie129
katiejarr
rhonda1981

Quite a list that we have going on. This is awesome! So, again, we start tomorrow and I weighed and measured myself this morning. I wrote it all down, stuck the paper in my desk and will leave it there until the day we end. Here are the rules, again:

3500 calories burned per week per an HRM. (Monday-Sunday) If you do not have an HRM then you will want to stick with the minutes. Again, it doesn't matter when, what day, every day, all in one, whatever, but you will burn a minimum of 3500 calories per week.

(My challenge to myself is to go above and beyond BOTH of these! Again, that is me challenging myself but I just want you all to know what my plan is.)

90 minutes or 1000 calories, minimum, of your week will be strickly cardio. It does not matter what you do as cardio, but it has to be cardio. When you do a check in, whether it's daily or weekly, list what it is that you did as your cardio and the minutes/calories burned.

30 minutes or 500 calories, minimum, of your week will be strickly strength training. Again, it doesn't matter what it is that you do as strength training but it has to be strength training. Again, when you do your check in list what it is that you did. You can take a broom/mop and do arm curls with it, lift it above your head and do bicep curls. You can do sit ups or push ups. Squats or lunges! Whatever as long as it is strength training.

AND here is the BIG one! EVERYONE will drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water per day! This is major because I know there are a lot of people that really struggle with it, but it is part of our PUSH YOURSELF challenge.

I do not expect any of you to go purchase equipment, or get a gym membership, if you do not have any of this. I spent many, many months, or my journey, finding things in my own home/yard to exercise with. The point here is to exercise, to push ourselves, and to see what we can accomplish in these next six weeks.

So, I will expect to hear from each of you, at least once a week, by every Sunday, at the latest. I will report every day.

Tomorrow morning I will post a new thread that will be titled, 6 week PUSH YOURSELF challenge, week 1 and will post a new one with the new week # each Monday morning.

Make it a great 6 weeks everyone! You can do it and you will feel great about the accomplishment.

Replies

• sj8108
    sj8108 Posts: 6
    Options
    is it too late to join? I need this!!!
  • jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    Options
    I just joined MFP this week. Is it too late to join this challenge?
  • keryn92
    keryn92 Posts: 9
    Options
    I want to join! If it isn't too late
  • Kmarchak
    Kmarchak Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i want to join. this would mean alot (:
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Not to late at all as we don't start until tomorrow! I will do an edit, on my post, after a bit, and add all of your names to our roster!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm not on the list... :) Can I be on the list? Please pretty please..
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I can't wait! :)
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    My bad Beth I didn't put it on m paper note! Sorry! You will be added when I edit the roster tonight!
  • ricnrac
    ricnrac Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I want to join!! I need to be held accountable for my exercise. I am really lacking in that area......
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    Good Sunday evening all,

We are all ready to get this challenge started tomorrow, right? I am ready! Here is the roster that I have;

chickadee 2010
    babyprincess13
    amber_hanners
    missyjane
    tenniskad2
    TammyBee
    TAHerring
    AKHerring
    emmaleigh
    Marrissam
    ellis_rn
    JustForMe27
    flems629
    deannarey13
    kanakike8
    cmsnowden
    hawkeyegal1995
    ptillson
    Pinky850
    sherrillg
    crebbe
    Mom2LayLa09
    tbates82
    jolyned
    Ampierce
    christinaberlyn
    jscimeca
    kgillikin
    Maxylicious
    kiki_ac
    delta1997
    Wonder_Vegan
    1crazymom
    NanoReefDiver
    wendyleffingwell
    jsteras
    syd1980
    Heatherp71
    rhiannon1979
    Kwood0714
    Mstoripier
    jeanaustin
    bethvandenberg
    sj8108
    jennro7781
    keryn92
    k80qt66
    mazie129
    katiejarr
    rhonda1981
    ricnrac

Quite a list that we have going on. This is awesome! So, again, we start tomorrow and I weighed and measured myself this morning. I wrote it all down, stuck the paper in my desk and will leave it there until the day we end. Here are the rules, again:

3500 calories burned per week per an HRM. (Monday-Sunday) If you do not have an HRM then you will want to stick with the minutes. Again, it doesn't matter when, what day, every day, all in one, whatever, but you will burn a minimum of 3500 calories per week.

(My challenge to myself is to go above and beyond BOTH of these! Again, that is me challenging myself but I just want you all to know what my plan is.)

90 minutes or 1000 calories, minimum, of your week will be strickly cardio. It does not matter what you do as cardio, but it has to be cardio. When you do a check in, whether it's daily or weekly, list what it is that you did as your cardio and the minutes/calories burned.

30 minutes or 500 calories, minimum, of your week will be strickly strength training. Again, it doesn't matter what it is that you do as strength training but it has to be strength training. Again, when you do your check in list what it is that you did. You can take a broom/mop and do arm curls with it, lift it above your head and do bicep curls. You can do sit ups or push ups. Squats or lunges! Whatever as long as it is strength training.

AND here is the BIG one! EVERYONE will drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water per day! This is major because I know there are a lot of people that really struggle with it, but it is part of our PUSH YOURSELF challenge.

I do not expect any of you to go purchase equipment, or get a gym membership, if you do not have any of this. I spent many, many months, or my journey, finding things in my own home/yard to exercise with. The point here is to exercise, to push ourselves, and to see what we can accomplish in these next six weeks.

So, I will expect to hear from each of you, at least once a week, by every Sunday, at the latest. I will report every day.

Tomorrow morning I will post a new thread that will be titled, 6 week PUSH YOURSELF challenge, week 1 and will post a new one with the new week # each Monday morning.

Make it a great 6 weeks everyone! You can do it and you will feel great about the accomplishment.

UPDATED TO ADD SOMEONE AND CORRECT SPELLING OF A NAME!
  • deannarey13
    deannarey13 Posts: 452
    Options
    Bump
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    Good Sunday evening all,

chickadee 2010
    babyprincess13
    amber_hanners
    missyjane
    tenniskad2
    TammyBee
    TAHerring
    AKHerring
    emmaleigh
    Marrissam
    ellis_rn
    JustForMe27
    flems629
    deannarey13
    kanakike8
    cmsnowden
    hawkeyegal1995
    ptillson
    Pinky850
    sherrillg
    crebbe
    Mom2LayLa09
    tbates82
    jolyned
    Ampierce
    christinaberlyn
    jscimeca
    kgillikin
    Maxylicious
    kiki_ac
    delta1997
    Wonder_Vegan
    1crazymom
    NanoReefDiver
    wendyleffingwell
    jsteras
    syd1980
    Heatherp71
    rhiannon1979
    Kwood0714
    Mstoripier
    jeanaustin
    bethvandenberg
    sj8108
    jennro7781
    keryn92
    k80qt66
    mazie129
    katiejarr
    rhonda1981
    ricnrac
    conkelv
    Grammymax
    jodik11

UPDATED TO ADD NAMES! WOO HOO, we are up to 54 people doing this challenge! Way to go everyone!
  • LizzieLiz7
    LizzieLiz7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    can i still join this challenge?
  • AKHerring
    AKHerring Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo!!! I am getting my strength in today by painting my butt off... I want my house down by Wednesday so I am going to kick it in gear. Plus, I will be doing ChaLEAN extreme tonight when I get home!! =]
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    Not to late Lizzie, we all just started today. I will add your name to our roster!
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    Good Sunday evening all,

chickadee 2010
    babyprincess13
    amber_hanners
    missyjane
    tenniskad2
    TammyBee
    TAHerring
    AKHerring
    emmaleigh
    Marrissam
    ellis_rn
    JustForMe27
    flems629
    deannarey13
    kanakike8
    cmsnowden
    hawkeyegal1995
    ptillson
    Pinky850
    sherrillg
    crebbe
    Mom2LayLa09
    tbates82
    jolyned
    Ampierce
    christinaberlyn
    jscimeca
    kgillikin
    Maxylicious
    kiki_ac
    delta1997
    Wonder_Vegan
    1crazymom
    NanoReefDiver
    wendyleffingwell
    jsteras
    syd1980
    Heatherp71
    rhiannon1979
    Kwood0714
    Mstoripier
    jeanaustin
    bethvandenberg
    sj8108
    jennro7781
    keryn92
    k80qt66
    mazie129
    katiejarr
    rhonda1981
    ricnrac
    conkelv
    Grammymax
    jodik11
    LizzieLiz7
    mfultz0429

UPDATED TO ADD NAMES! WOO HOO, we are up to 56 people doing this challenge! Way to go everyone!
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    Good Sunday evening all,

chickadee 2010
    babyprincess13
    amber_hanners
    missyjane
    tenniskad2
    TammyBee
    TAHerring
    AKHerring
    emmaleigh
    Marrissam
    ellis_rn
    JustForMe27
    flems629
    deannarey13
    kanakike8
    cmsnowden
    hawkeyegal1995
    ptillson
    Pinky850
    sherrillg
    crebbe
    Mom2LayLa09
    tbates82
    jolyned
    Ampierce
    christinaberlyn
    jscimeca
    kgillikin
    Maxylicious
    kiki_ac
    delta1997
    Wonder_Vegan
    1crazymom
    NanoReefDiver
    wendyleffingwell
    jsteras
    syd1980
    Heatherp71
    rhiannon1979
    Kwood0714
    Mstoripier
    jeanaustin
    bethvandenberg
    sj8108
    jennro7781
    keryn92
    k80qt66
    mazie129
    katiejarr
    rhonda1981
    ricnrac
    conkelv
    Grammymax
    jodik11
    LizzieLiz7
    mfultz0429
    susyj
    jlpurnell
    Sltish
    Nightingale51
    hannahtie

UPDATED TO ADD NAMES! WOO HOO, we are up to 61 people doing this challenge! Way to go everyone!

WOO HOO WE HAVE CREATED A REVOLUTION!!! I LOVE IT!