I ate 1000+ over today

Options
So, I came home to my moms house after spending the weekend with my dad. Today stated out fine, a healthy breakfast and lunch and then I tried to just eat rice for dinner but i ended up eating everything around me. It was a total binge moment. I just feel so bad since I have been working so hard, and this is going to definetly be a set back. I dont know if it was emotional/stress or that i just went back on my birth control or that I havent been drinking enough water (I forget to log it anyway) My question to you mfp users is this: have you ever gotten off track? and what should I do to make myself feel better and get me back on. I cant stand this regret.

Replies

• e1lindsay
    e1lindsay Posts: 230
    Options
    just rice for dinner? that doesn't sound like very much...probably why you didn't stop eating! :)
  • LizGogol
    LizGogol Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! Tomorrow is a new day!

I just binged on pizza last night but I woke up early and worked out this morning!
  • pghfan
    pghfan Posts: 119
    Options
    Usually it's not as bad as you think. Drink lots of water and give it a couple days. I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised.
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    waffle house binge 2 days in a row.....tomorrow's another day...lol
  • KidP
    KidP Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I went way over today but i knew that i would (two get-togethers with lots of good food, very hard to actually enter stuff when it's flying at you off the table). One day once in a while really won't make a huge difference in the long run, as long as it's truly a rare occurrence. Tomorrow's a new day!
  • Hsanders3961
    Hsanders3961 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. Tomorrow is a new day. Workout extra hard this week and drink plenty of water. Just dont let it ruin your whole week/day/month. I have done that before--gotten down about one mistake and sabotaged the rest of my diet. Start off new tomorrow and I am sure you will do great!
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. I did the same last week. Just watch how you eat the rest of the week and drink plenty of water. :)
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I did that just a couple weeks ago. Went out to eat at Bob Evans was doing good til they sat the rolls down in front of me and I was down hill from there ended up blowing my calories by about 1000. My advice is to get up tomorrow and start fresh. It took me a couple days to not feel bloated but it went away with lots of water and exercise. It is not the end of the world and you will recover. Just get back on track tomorrow. :smile: Chaulk it up as a cheat day and move on don't dwell or you might repeat!
    Good luck to you:smile:
  • jenielee
    jenielee Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    EVERYONE has those days...and if they say they've never had one then they're lying. Tomorrow is a brand new day! Get back on track and try to drink plenty of water. One day will not do too much damage but you may see some bloating from the sodium. Don't get too upset if you're up a lb or two, just drink a some extra water.
  • monoxidechick
    Options
    I went totally crazy on pizza on Friday!!! Felt bad and moved on. Yesterday I didnt even get in the excercises that I wanted to, so I feel even more set back. Just do what you can to make it better and move on. It will all work out, its only one day and only one meal. Good luck and keep up your great work.
    I also agree that it is probably your plans for such a small dinner that made you want to binge and eat more. Plan for more balanced, healthy meals, could help keep you in control. :flowerforyou:
  • srobinson1217
    srobinson1217 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else too. Tomorrow is a new day. It happens to us all, it's called being HUMAN!!! :) And at least you were good all day up till the end! Usually, when I do that, it's somebody brings doughnuts for breakfast at work and then I say "well I already screwed up, might as well be bad the whole day" which is the total wrong mindset to have. You will be fine, you are in control of you, just remember that. 1000 calories isin't hard to do either. It sounds like alot but it's really not. Keep your chin up, your going to be just fine! :)
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Oh, man, you're not alone. We had a friend over a few weekends ago. We went out for some drinks after dinner (+400 calories), and then got the munchies and ate fried food (+ one bajillion calories). Then we felt crummy the next morning and ate Five Guys (+ Infinity calories). We didn't work out either day. It took almost a week to really recover from that, and I was hating myself. But, ya know what? I just kept eating better and exercising more, and eventually it came back off. We're all human and we all have times that we don't make the best choices. Just keep on making better choices for a healthier you!
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Was it an emotionally stressful visit? Were you feeling empty and needed a feeling of fullness after the visit? Were you just extremely hungry? You will be fine but maybe try to figure out what the trigger for this was.
  • kcmurray
    kcmurray Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I totally did the same thing today. Pizza binge. I'm planning to get back on track tomorrow. I feel guilty, but I lost all self control. :(
  • cmowat13
    cmowat13 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I did that yesterday. I don't want to repeat everything that everyone already said and make you read more of the same stuff, so I'll just say I agree. Also, I find that when I do this, I'm expecting my stomach to be huge the next morning along with everything else you can imagine happening to you after one bad day/meal, but it usually doesn't happen! I'll go all week eating well and exercising, then enjoy myself on saturday, expect the worst for sunday, and wake up to a flatter stomach and feeling fine! Obviously this probably will not happen everytime, but I think it helps actually. I've heard a lot of people tell others that when they stop losing weight, they should try upping their calories for a change and it seems to work for a lot of people. I think this is like a mini-help (for me, anyway). I'm not going to expect this to happen everytime I eat too many calories of course, but I try not to beat myself up over it by keeping this in mind. So you might be pleasantly surprised in the morning when you look in the mirror!
  • eouimet
    eouimet Posts: 29
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your support! I was really bumed out but this morning I feel fresh and ready to start over one slip up is not going to ruin me forever so thanks!
  • maryross1
    Options
    everyone gets off track at some point. everyone. I give myself one day a week, where I give myself a break and eat what I want, I try to workout more that day so I have more calories. what i am finding out though as I eat better for longer, I don't get as many cravings to eat the junk, so that evern on my "free" day I am eating better and smarter.