hey everyone! (:

Options
hey! i'm kaitlyn and i am 20. i have been actively using MFP for 15 days. in that time frame i have already managed to lose 11 pounds! i'm very excited and proud of my success. i'm so glad i found this app/website. it's all been super helpful so far! i still have a long road ahead of me, though with 100 (give or take a few) pounds to shed. i'm prepared to get through it, though! little by little, every pound counts, right? hopefully by changing my diet, being more active and losing the extra weight i've been toting around i'll be able to get off of the high bp medicine i've been on for a few years now. yes, hypertension at my age! :( but! i'm definitely ready to get healthy and get in shape so i can be around to live a long healthy life without the meds!!

feel free to add me on here. we can motivate each other to stick with it! (:

Replies

• JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. It's a great place to be. Lots of support and motivation here. Feel free to add me as a friend, we can help motivate each other. Good luck on your weight loss/fitness journey.
  • jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    Options
    Hey Kaitlyn! I'm Jenn and I have 100+ lbs to lose as well! I've just joined MFP this past week and can't wait to shed the poundage! Feel free to friend request me and we can motivate each other! :wink:
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Glad you are here for the long haul. Take one day at a time and Im sure you will do great! My best advice is if you have a bad day or slip ups just make sure you see it as just that and don't give up just start back up where you left off. So often I hear people say they have just blew it and end up going back to there bad habits instead of just excepting that they went all lil over board. Only you can change you...but we are here to support you along the way!! Feel free to add me if you like!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    you guys are so inspirational and kind!
    I'm so glad I joined. :)
  • dontstopnow
    dontstopnow Posts: 152
    Options
    thanks for all the tips and nice words, everyone! i'm definitely glad i joined, as well.