Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

HRM?! Which one do I get?!

I'm contemplating getting a HRM but am overwhelmed by the choices! From what I can tell, most people here prefer the Polar brand. There are comparison charts online for all the Polar models, but it's truly overwhelming. I'm hoping I can get some suggestions from you guys who have been using them for a while. Which model do I need?!

I don't need anything fancy. I'd like to know an accurate count of how many calories I've burned during my workout. I don't go to the gym, so picking up someone else's HRM signal is not an issue. I don't need to transmit my info anywhere... I don't necessarily need it to keep an ongoing log of workout info. I guess a chest strap comes with most of them, and that gives you a more accurate HR?

I'd rather spend less than $100, but I would spend around that amount if I had to to get something reliable that will last a while.

I'd be so appreciative of any info you could all share - which model you have, what it does, or which one you recommend for my simple needs?! Thank you!!!!!!

Replies

• baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    just bumping because I'd like to see the answers too. :smile:
  • arodriguez24
    arodriguez24 Posts: 81 Member
    I got the polar ft7 but I think for you, you might want to go with the ft4. I don't think any of them is going to give you accurate results as far as calories burned but these will be pretty close.
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Also... what is a transmitter, and is that something I need and/or need to purchase separately?
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Excellent question as i had this question recently.

I opted to go for the Polar FT7 because of price and functionality. It is relatively inexpensive at 89 dollars and it doesn't have a lot of features that I don't need.

It counts calories per session and holds up to 99 sessions and gives you weekly reports at the touch of a button.

Oh and it is also waterproof if you like to swim. The chest strap is also surprisingly comfortable.
  • arodriguez24
    arodriguez24 Posts: 81 Member
    The watches come with a strap for your chest (upper rib cage) and and wrist watch. You don't need anything extra to make it work. If you want to transfer data to a computer you would need to purchase a upload device I think its $40, but I don't think you need it since you can logged and keep here at MFP. Also the polar chest straps and be picked up by Polar machines at the gym.