turbo/insanity/or what? for my age

Options
I'm 48 this month and while that's not dead it's slower than I used to be =}. I think I would like to try turbo or something like it but then I'm wondering if I'm just dreaming about keeping up and really being able to do it. On the Turbo Fire video all the women are in their 20"s or early 30"s max. Not a grey hair among them. Right now I really like the Walk Away the Pounds 2 mile but I feel like I need a challenge yet I wish there was something just a step or two up not a giant leap. Any suggestions?

Replies

• AllegraWilliams
    Options
    I think you should try it.

I don't know, I'm still young, but my mother is 56 and can run circles around me. Makes me think age is just a number.

My 2 cents.
  • Aps123
    Aps123 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    i would try turbo jam if you are interested in that type of thing. there are lower impact alternatives in the video. turbo is so much fun and a great calorie burner! good luck!
  • beatlemom
    beatlemom Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Jane Fonda has some new dvd's for an older audience, I actually bought one to get me ready for workouts like 30 day shred etc. I figure I will build up to them.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I think you should try P90X -- I started it in March and my results have been amazing. I have modified the program for me... and I love it... check out my profile for more information.
    Never sell yourself short :)
  • monica22886
    monica22886 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I believe that you can do whatever you put your mind to... BUT I will tell you this... I am 25 and just got TURBO FIRE. Three years ago I was teaching Turbo Kick and up to 10 fitness classes a week and this TURBOFIRE has somewhat kicked by booty with a capital B in the 5 days I've had it! Now, I wasn't doing tons of working out for the last 3-4 months, so I wasn't as in shape as I used to be, but Turbo Fire is VERY high intesity. I have to set my picture frames down in my entertainment center because there is that much jumping and moving that they fall over!

Whatever you do, like I said, put your mind to it but I am just giving a head's up on Turbo Fire! :)
  • kimbobo0420
    Options
    i think you shud try turbo jam its the first step for beginers and turbo fire is for more advanced
  • muffintopteri
    Options
    I believe that you can do whatever you put your mind to... BUT I will tell you this... I am 25 and just got TURBO FIRE. Three years ago I was teaching Turbo Kick and up to 10 fitness classes a week and this TURBOFIRE has somewhat kicked by booty with a capital B in the 5 days I've had it! Now, I wasn't doing tons of working out for the last 3-4 months, so I wasn't as in shape as I used to be, but Turbo Fire is VERY high intesity. I have to set my picture frames down in my entertainment center because there is that much jumping and moving that they fall over!

Whatever you do, like I said, put your mind to it but I am just giving a head's up on Turbo Fire! :)

Thank You that was just what I was thinking. I hate to spend the money and then not use it and I also would just hate to get it and then say aw this is too hard and feel "old!" =] I don't think I'm ready for it truthfully so I do appreciate the feedback. :flowerforyou:
  • muffintopteri
    Options
    i think you shud try turbo jam its the first step for beginers and turbo fire is for more advanced

I've been looking at the jam and wondering how many dvd's there are and how complicated it is etc. what else can you tell me about it? have you used it?
  • muffintopteri
    Options
    I think you should try P90X -- I started it in March and my results have been amazing. I have modified the program for me... and I love it... check out my profile for more information.
    Never sell yourself short :)

P90X looks so complicated. 15 dvd's or something like that. I can't figure out how it's done. I presume there is a guide that tells you but do you just use a different dvd each day? sigh. there is just so much out there and so much information that I don't know WHAT to do! :happy:
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Zumba, the new set comes with tons of workouts!!!!
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    You feel old? - whaaa?? - age is just a number! I am 48 and most certainly do NOT feel old!! I have done TurboJam, Insanity, ChaLEAN Extreme and some of P90X - the only reason I didn't finish P90X was because I just couldn't seem to fit it into my schedule (single parent - says it all, I think!).

I love all of them!! ChaLEAN is my primary program and there is a 60 year old woman working along with Chalene in this video!! Insanity kicks my butt, but I can keep up with it most days and on days that I can't, I sure give it everything that I've got! I'd love to do TurboFire, but it's not in the budget at this time. I have done three rounds of ChaLEAN and am currently mixing up ChaLEAN with Insanity.

You can do anything you want to, no matter your age!!
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Try 30 Day Shred. It's about a $9 commitment, is a good overall workout and steps you up from hard to harder to hardest. If you can stick with it for 30 days then you can think about a longer program. I'm LOTS older than you and that's where I started.
  • muffintopteri
    Options
    People who feel good always say age is just a number but I DO FEEL OLD. I feel much better doing my strength training and I was feeling great too with the aerobics but now that the weather is warming up I am much happier to be outside doing lawn work, gardening, walking, anything vs. being inside in front of a dvd. I wish I was a young 48, I thought I was always going to be "young" and my attitude is youthful that's for sure but this body, ugh, if I was a car I would have traded me in long ago!! Thanx to everyone for you fabulous support and advice. I hope I find a good fit.