1st NSV....

Options
cng1117
cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
The last time I went pants shopping was Dec of '09. Went to Lane Bryant, got 3 pairs of size 28's and had to squeeze myself into them. The buttons were screaming and my stomach had deep red grooves from where the waistband dug in. A bigger size wasn't an option since they didn't have anything larger than a 28. There were a lot of tears that day in both the dressing room and on the way home. So fast-forward to a couple days ago. My manager tells me "Have you lost weight? Your pants are really baggy. You need to get new pants." The way she said it was so funny, like good that the weight was coming off but bad because now I looked unprofessional with my baggy pants. So today I went to Lane Bryant again, and put on a pair of 26's, which slid on without being unbuttoned. Yay!! The waist is a bit big, but going down another size would have been too tight in the hips. It felt so good not to be past the end of the size line! It was also an eye opener because I hadn't seen myself in a full size mirror in a long time, and instead of looking at my reflection with hatred and disgust (the way I would have two years ago) I instead thought "okay, this is what we have to work with, this is what needs to be improved." I have a long way to go, but progress is progress. :smile:

Replies

• ChrisR0128
    Options
    So cool. keep it up
  • SakanaUshi
    Options
    The clothing victories are the sweetest, I think. And you get them before you can really *see* much of a difference. I am experiencing similar things. My clothes were all getting too small, and now they mostly fit me again. I can't wait to have to buy some new clothes! :-)
  • MorganK33
    Options
    That is GREAT! I am looking forward to that day. I hate shopping. The only thing I don't mind shopping for are shoes because regardless of how much weight I have packed on over the last 10 years shoes ALWAYS fit :o) Keep up all the good work. Before you know it you will be in the Bahamas.
  • lots_to_lose
    Options
    That's great! Fitting into smaller sizes is awesome.
  • PrincessDiannaP
    Options
    Congratulations....keep up the good work :happy:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Good for you! It's so nice to have those victories, especially considering all of the horrors we have all gone through in the dressing room.

I had an experience at an Eddie Bauer's when I was trying to buy jeans. It was several years ago and I was actually about 40 lbs. lighter than I am now--the thinnest I've ever been in my adult life and most of my pants were a size 14 at the time. I went into the dressing room with a couple of different styles in size 14 and they were WAY too tight:grumble: . The salesgirl came to see how I was doing and I told her they didn't fit. She offered to get me a different size but then realized that I already had the largest size in the store so she told me I could order a size 16 from their "warehouse." On my home my sister called to see how my shopping had gone and I told her what happened with my own humorous interpretation that "apparently, the pants I need are too big to to fit in the store, so they need to keep them at the warehouse." We both laughed about it, but really it was a frustrating experience--especially since I had lost a lot of weight and was excited about buying new clothes.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! That is awesome!
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Wonderful progress, cng 1117!!!! Keep up the good work!!!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Great job! And I especially liked your comment about your thoughts when you were looking in the mirror--it's so easy to hate what we look like, instead of appreciating that we are making progress. When I look at my body now, I think ok I may not be skinny, but my legs are getting stronger and I can do more than I could a few months ago.
  • cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Thank ya'll very much!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!