Heart Rate / Calorie Monitor

miosgoldenchance
miosgoldenchance Posts: 3
edited September 25 in Fitness and Exercise
I know they make pedometers that you can wear to track how many steps you're taking, but I'd really like to find something that can track how many calories I'm burning while I'm doing other exercises (mainly horseback riding). Any ideas?

Replies

• I've got a Heart Rate Monitor that is like a watch you wear while you are exercising. I love the thing. It's by New Balance and I got it at Target. I can easily test my heart rate whenever I am exercising and it will count the calories I am burning. You can update it periodically (as your heart rates increases or decreases) also, so you can get the most accurate results. I love this thing. I use it daily, sometimes when I'm just working around the house. I'm always surprised to see how many calories I burn doing certain activities.

My daughter rides and she asked to wear it one day. She was pleased with the results. ;) You definitely need one!
  • jms023
    jms023 Posts: 37 Member
    Get a heart rate monitor. It tracks your calories based on your heart rate, and other info that you input (age, gender, weight). Good luck!
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Get a Polar heart rate monitar. I have the Polar FT4 and love it. I love being able to go to Zumba and keep an eye on my heart rate so that I know I am burning fat. I also love knowing how many calories I really burn b/c mfp is high.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    I highly recommend you get a HRM with a chest strap. These are more accurate than just the watch alone. Polar makes some of the better ones and are user friendly.
This discussion has been closed.