Still Going After All that!

Options
I've been reading different forums and here goes:

I'm a senior citizen-although I don't know how that happened. I don't feel that way.
This is not the first time I've lost weight.
I'm a mother of two. My baby is 30 years old, though. But, I think I still have most of the 'baby fat' .
I had my gallbladder out and had digestive problems for a long time after that.
I've been diagnosed with IBS and ulcers.
I had food allergy tests that show I have allergies to casein from milk, gluten and wheat-among other things. I feel a lot better after eliminating milk and cutting WAY down on wheat and gluten. (Those two things are in almost everything, so I doubt very much if I'll ever totally cut them out).
I've recently been having high blood pressure.

Anyone else identify with any of the things I mentioned? If so, I need your support. (At least you can smile and nod!)

If not, I could list more! You don't get to be this age without having a few things happen. And I'm still going and going--like that little guy on TV who plays the drum and has big ears.

Replies

• missmccoy
    missmccoy Posts: 18
    Options
    My friend has IBS and SWEARS by the 6 week body makeover diet.

Its pretty much eating....
    6 small meals a day
    Including:
    veg
    some fruit
    lean protein
    whole grains
    No extra fats
    No salt

So an example of a day might be...

Breakfast: Egg whites and fruit

Snack: Chicken and salad

Lunch: Chicken salad and a potato

Snack: tuna salad and brown rice

Dinner: Salmon, spinich, sweet potato.

It sounds like a lot but its SMALL meals.... Anyway thats just what works for her.
  • SusieB01
    SusieB01 Posts: 89
    Options
    I had been reading forums that day, and I found myself identifying with a lot of them.But in addition, I have lots of other health problems. I guess what I really wanted to say is that the best way to do it is to come to terms with whatever has happened to you, learn the most you can about it, and then deal with it. I guess that's what some are doing on this site.

You guys are providing a valuable service, and it's not just weight loss!