My Progress so far

Options
drad81
drad81 Posts: 28 Member
Hi All,

Just wanted to share my progress. It's been three months since I started MFP and boy have I changed. Not only physically but mentally. I think a lot differently when it comes to food and make healthier choices when it comes to eating. I still enjoy the odd pizza and burger but make sure that it's not often.

I've always stuggled with my weight and when I finished school (approx 11 years ago) I packed on about 20kg plus (44lbs) in the first 18months. I reached my heaviest at around Christmas '10 when I hit 102kg (220lbs) and I guess this was the turning point for me.

Since then, I've taken up walking, jogging, swimming and cycling. I try to cycle about 80kms, jog or walk about 15km and swim 1km per week and achieve this most weeks and feel so much healthier and of course happier for it.

It's not an easy journey and I haven't recorded a loss every week that I weigh myself but I've never let this bother me after all, you can't win a game in the first 5 minutes, you have to keep playing until the end.

As for my current wight, I now weigh 90kg (198lbs) and am past the half way mark to reaching my goal weight of 80kgs (176lbs).

Replies

• cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome, Congratulations!!! It is amazing the way the mind and body work together to help a person reach their goals :happy:
  • ashmo1785
    ashmo1785 Posts: 117
    Options
    thats great well done! keep it up
  • drad81
    Options
    Thanks.

I love the fact that I've inspired friends and family to get fit and lose weight too.

I have about 3 family members currently slimming down, a friend that recently joined the gym and another that's picked up cycling all because of my weight loss success.
  • drad81
    Options
    I'm back!

Have been pretty slack in terms of my diet. Not eating badly just more exessive that I was when I initially joined MFP.

I must say, MFP has taught me a lot and even though I eat more that I need too, my food choices are almost always a healthier choice.

I have still been riding and have been doing boot camp twice a week (now increased to 3 times) and go to the gym twice a week, once with a trainer and once on my own. Because of all these exercise, I've managed to stay the same weight but bulk up with muscle. I've reassessed my goal and seeing with the increase of muscle mass have decided that 85Kg is a better target weight.

So here I am back to lose that last 5kg or so.
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Great story! So glad you've shared that you're changing your body and your mind! Keep up the good work! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!