Tips for an interview

Options
Dreamerlove
Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
Hey y'all! I have an interview this week for a job I really really want! It is a position in a Loan and finance office. I was wondering if anyone has any special tips to make me stand above everyone else. I already have my resume and cover letter. I just really want and need this job so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Replies

• leakewh
    leakewh Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Prepare a few questions to ask your interviewers for afterwards....nothing about time off,sick policy,etc. though....also learn some interesting facts about the company to work into your responses to questions...lastly....dont sell your life experiences short...share them proudly
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I am so nervous and when I get nervous I fumble my words..=(
  • LindsayChick
    LindsayChick Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Good luck! I'd recommend wearing a crisp conservative suit (preferably blue or black). It's always better to be overdressed (than under). Also, I'd arrive early and then send thank-you letter follow ups to the people you interviewed with a few days after the interview. I would research the position and job description and then describe to them HOW you will be great at it. Also, if you haven't heard anything from them in about a week, I would call and reiterate how interested you are and ask if there is anything else you could provide to help them with their decision.

Also, remember to be bubbly and friendly to everyone (ex. from the secretary to the random person that opens your door). I have heard countless stories on how an amazing, sharp candidate was snippy to the secretary, which cost them that job. Many times (in the medical field) the physicians ask input from secretaries just because they wonder how they behaved in the waiting room etc.

Good luck. You can do it!! Please keep us posted on how it goes!! =):smile:
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options
    From someone on the interviewing side, if you;

Don't speak clearly
    Ramble, take too long to get to the point
    Show your boobs
    Flirt
    Avoid eye contact
    Don't talk to others in the office
    Give scripted answers
    Have the 'deer in headlights' look
    Agree with me when I know you don't understand my point
    Complain about your last boss/job/coworkers
    Freak out on a stress question
    Take your shoes off and trim your toenails
    Fidget
    Have poor penmanship
    Brag about how you were the only one who knew what they were doing at your last job
    Did I mention complain? That's the big one.

...I won't hire you. Show some class, research the job. Call the office, see how they answer the phone. Visit that, or another office ask people working there questions. It's ok to do that.

I should add, you may have to make some tough decisions in finance and your going to have to stand behind them. Is this a CSR position? Phone/speaking skills girl. Listen to the employees while your there. Also, its ok to show up early and engage them in conversation. Your going to be stuck with them all day, might as well start a relationship with them ASAP.

Good luck! I got your back.
  • heathernsugar
    Options
    I read an article to my sister about this and it said to be sure to show up 20 minutes prior to the interview
    that will show your promptness. Also wear a simple watch with numbers it shows that you want things
    done on time!! Have everything in a file and give them copies of your resume. Be sure to make eye contact
    and try not to fidget--giggle after anything you say because it may give them the impression that you don't
    take things very serious. Dress professional and it will show them that you will be a neat person to have around.

Good luck, I hope that this helps a little!! I will be praying for you.
    Please contact me on how it goes for you!!

heathernsugar

:tongue: