MFP Biking Group July 28

Options

Replies

• stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options
    Today my ride took me on a tour through Delaware and Maryland. After my "accidental" 70 mile ride last week I had to ride more than that and mapped a nice route on Mapmyride. I was really not as motivated as I usually am. It was foggy and humid and hot an just plain not nice at the start at 8 am. Even thought about cutting it short in the first 20 miles. At mile 60 I was so tired and exhausted I was seriously wondering how to make the rest. But after some food and a 15 minute break things were looking different and I rode the rest relatively easy. Not that fast anymore, coasting a lot, but I made it.

Total miles: 89:happy:

I did ride the pledged 20 on Tuesday too (27).

I think I take of for the rest of the week, 'cause my legs do feel a little sore.

Plan for next week is 100 miles, with a 2 hr break at mile 50 to visit friends at the beach.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Today my ride took me on a tour through Delaware and Maryland. After my "accidental" 70 mile ride last week I had to ride more than that and mapped a nice route on Mapmyride. I was really not as motivated as I usually am. It was foggy and humid and hot an just plain not nice at the start at 8 am. Even thought about cutting it short in the first 20 miles. At mile 60 I was so tired and exhausted I was seriously wondering how to make the rest. But after some food and a 15 minute break things were looking different and I rode the rest relatively easy. Not that fast anymore, coasting a lot, but I made it.

Total miles: 89:happy:

I did ride the pledged 20 on Tuesday too (27).

I think I take of for the rest of the week, 'cause my legs do feel a little sore.

Plan for next week is 100 miles, with a 2 hr break at mile 50 to visit friends at the beach.

WOW! Great job, Steff! Of course, you've got the 'bent, so it pretty much does all the work for you, right??:tongue:
  • stschulz
    Options
    Of course, you've got the 'bent, so it pretty much does all the work for you, right??:tongue:

Yes, it does. Downhill :happy:
  • shorerider
    Options
    Got in 21 miles with my DH this morning so that gives me 87 for this week so far.

BUT, I hit 410 miles for this month!! That's my best monthly totals yet.

AND--get this--a total of 17,628 calories for the month of July!!!!!!!!!!!thud.gif
  • stschulz
    Options
    Impressive numbers shorerider:flowerforyou:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Got in 21 miles with my DH this morning so that gives me 87 for this week so far.

BUT, I hit 410 miles for this month!! That's my best monthly totals yet.

AND--get this--a total of 17,628 calories for the month of July!!!!!!!!!!!thud.gif

I guess I didn't realize your dh rode too. I love riding with mine. My dh has lost 25 pounds since he began riding and he just started in the spring. He pushes me, which I sometimes need.
  • shorerider
    Options
    I guess I didn't realize your dh rode too. I love riding with mine. My dh has lost 25 pounds since he began riding and he just started in the spring. He pushes me, which I sometimes need.

Oh, mine doesn't ride!

It's rare when I can talk him into going out with me and then for never more than 20 miles or so. He's not into biking--although he got me into it. We bought the bikes because he thought he'd want to do long-distance touring but after buying them, he changed his mind. :ohwell: He's a canoeist though and goes out on the water all the time, which I don't do with him either....
  • ohthatbambi
    Options

Oh, mine doesn't ride!

It's rare when I can talk him into going out with me and then for never more than 20 miles or so. He's not into biking--although he got me into it. We bought the bikes because he thought he'd want to do long-distance touring but after buying them, he changed his mind. :ohwell: He's a canoeist though and goes out on the water all the time, which I don't do with him either....

My dh is an avid outdoorsman..hunting, fishing, canoeing etc. I am more of an artsy type who scrapbooks and loves photography. Needless to say we have never shared a hobby. But we both love cycling and I love riding with him. I also did go canoeing with him over the 4th (actually whole family went, kids and all) and had a ball. We are doing an all adult canoe/weekend in late August with some friends. I am looking forward to it.
  • shorerider
    Options
    I got out of canoeing when I destroyed my shoulder years ago in a motorcycle accident--after that, no more paddling for me, now I stick to pedaling :tongue:
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    Got my ride in this evening. They were calling for rain, but it turned into a nice breezy July night in Alabama. We rode 12.5 miles. Only doing about 10 tomorrow so my legs are ready for my 50 on Saturday.

Monday - 17 miles
    Tuesday - 7 miles
    Weds - 20 miles
    Thurs - 12.5
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I did 17.5 miles today. Total this week so far: 47.5.
  • shorerider
    Options
    17.5 this morning

gives me 104.5 for the week! And, I've still got another day to go!
  • shorerider
    Options
    21.5 this morning--in 89 degrees and 92% humidity!

That gives me 136 miles for the week.

Steff--how'd your 80 miler go???
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    I did my 50 plus 8!!! Oh my, am I TIRED. We left at 5:30, but by the time we got home it was HOT AS HADES!!! I think without the heat I would have done a little better, but I did it!!! So did my hubby!

Monday - 17 miles
    Tuesday - 7 miles
    Weds - 20 miles
    Thurs - 12.5
    Saturday - 58

Total 114.5
  • shorerider
    Options
    I did my 50 plus 8!!! Oh my, am I TIRED. We left at 5:30, but by the time we got home it was HOT AS HADES!!! I think without the heat I would have done a little better, but I did it!!! So did my hubby!

Monday - 17 miles
    Tuesday - 7 miles
    Weds - 20 miles
    Thurs - 12.5
    Saturday - 58

Total 114.5

woohoo.gif

60 miles here you come!
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    Had it not been so hot I may have pushed for hat last two miles but I was and still am just out of gas.

I am trying to refuel right now with a BIG bowl of strawberries and a tall glass of skim milk.
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    So how did everyone else end up?

My 58 miles Saturday was tough. I am a bit sore today, but not as tired as I expected to be. I did not ride any today though. Thought my body needed a break. I hope to get a few miles in tomorrow morning b4 I take the kids in to school to meet their new teachers!
  • shorerider
    Options
    No ride for me today--Sunday is always a break day for me. Going to head out early in the morning though.
  • stschulz
    Options
    no ride anymore for me. I was hoping I could go out yesterday morning after work, but it was raining:cry:
  • shorerider
    Options
    no ride anymore for me. I was hoping I could go out yesterday morning after work, but it was raining:cry:

Steff--did you get in your 80 miler?