STRESS!!! How do you deal with it???

Options
So today was a ball full of suck...

My gym was closed... my legs were still recovering from C25k.... so yeah... I just went to sleep...

What do you do to deal with stress?

Replies

• Kellyr107
    Kellyr107 Posts: 43
    Options
    My instinct is to eat but instead I drink hot tea. I filled my cabinet with a variety of teas and herbals and I relax with a cup of tea. I add stevia and some of them are like dessert. :)
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk if u cant get to the gym, I have a stationary bike at home and I go on it when I'm stressed out! It helps.
  • wan2b21
    wan2b21 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I workout at home when the gym is closed =)
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    take a nice warm bubble bath
  • sarglava
    sarglava Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Lol... I eat. But it's hard to eat, eat, eat when you're supposed to be not eating so much. Now I just read a book. Or take a bath. Or watch TV for hours. Or go outside and sit. Whatever makes you happy is a good way to relieve stress.
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Working out is the best stress relief for me, but second to that is a good pair of headphones and my favorite music.

A long bike ride on a twisted XC trail is always good too. You get so involved with the ride and trying not to bite it on a rock, tree root or other stuff, you just don't have any other focus, which keeps you from thinking about whatever is making you stressed. Plus its a great workout in itself.
  • thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I philosophize and try to remember that if you can't do anything about a situation or problem, then what is the good in stressing over it? Pretty much always works for me.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    So today was a ball full of suck...

My gym was closed... my legs were still recovering from C25k.... so yeah... I just went to sleep...

What do you do to deal with stress?

I normally would have said run ... but since you ran yesterday no. And then I would have said P90X ... but your gym was closed. Im still sticking with P90X ... lifting weighs and yelling at Tony never fails to put me in a better mood. You did great going to sleep though ... no harm in that!
  • rjnandjosh
    rjnandjosh Posts: 168
    Options
    listen to calming music while sipping green tea:drinker:
  • atrayubrandy
    atrayubrandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have a little desk fountain that I love. It's so relaxing, it plays sounds of nature and does this beautiful light show. So, I'll go into my room, turn on my fountain, light a candle, and veg out for a few minutes. It really does help.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    working out is the best stress reliever for me, so if you can't run I would say just go for a good walk. I also slept a lot today--the weather was crummy and I wasn't feeling 100%...I'm tired again now and ready for bed so I guess it was ok to nap the afternoon away...
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Working out is how I deal with stress. I don't go to a gym anyway so I either walk, run, do Pilates, ride my bike or use the elliptical (I have an elliptical at home). But there are plenty of work outs that you can do outside of a gym. I understand about stress, that is why I have been working out as much as I have been lately!
  • queenmedusa
    queenmedusa Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym but have a collection of DVDs. Doing one of those helps - especially a Jillian Michaels one because she moves you so fast that you don't have a second to think about what's bugging you!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    :smokin:
  • snowflakelaia
    Options
    I work out. Sometimes I work out even twice.
  • kookla33
    kookla33 Posts: 234
    Options
    I think the ideas the others listed on here are really good! Tea is a great one for de-stressing. Green tea both calms and energizes, and Dr. Oz says that chamomile and passionflower tea helps relax your brain. I have noticed a difference with that myself.
    Also- yoga (not the power yoga, the relaxing kind) is huge for de-stressing, especially before bed.
    Writing in a journal, or typing whatever you're feeling and then printing it out and shredding it helps too. Good luck!
  • mejustmichael
    mejustmichael Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    :smokin:

Yes but then I eat... lol
  • kookla33
    kookla33 Posts: 234
    Options
    Eating when you're stressed is a bad habit that you will have to fight to replace. Soothing yourself with food leads to more stress. Replace those habits with something else that's positive, not eating!
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    hope your day and wknd will go much better than today! :) i used to be a huge stress eater, but that's how i gained a lot of weight. now i try to channel it into exercising out. i think kickboxing would be an awesome workout because then you can imagine punching and kicking your stress away. or i talk with a friend, get some fresh air, watch a good movie, or do some retail therapy :)