Gyms!

lkmedrano
lkmedrano Posts: 7
edited September 25 in Motivation and Support
Excited to join gym on Tuesday with hubby! Hope Planet fitness is a positive experience in my exercise regimen! Anybody out there have an opinion on Planet Fitness? · Interested in your Comments !

Replies

• babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    i don't know about planet fitness, but i have been a member of goodlife fitness gym for 10 yrs, best thing i ever did in my quest to lose weight, i have yo- yo'ed quite a bit over the years, at least it's there for when i need it. hope you enjoy your membership!!!
  • afteil
    afteil Posts: 162 Member
    Which one are you going to? Im a member of the planet fitness in citrus heights, CA and I love it. The little 30 mins circuit room is awesome, and you can go to the different classes and meet with a personal trainer. Plus it isnt super crowded so i never feel uncomfortable (like i did at 24 hour fitness where everything was super packed). i hope you like it as much as I do :)
  • My standard for gyms has been set pretty high when the Air Force gym at Randolph Air Force base opened a few years ago.
    I loved the upstairs indoor track around the perimeter of the gym. Sure beats outdoor track set up in a bubble. Only problem is I now live about 35 miles from there and gas prices isn't making that affordable for me! I am glad to hear you had success with your choice of gym - Good life fitness. What part of country is that in? I never heard of that franchise but it's all in what works for you right?!
  • Thanks for your reply afteil! I live far away from you! Planetfitness is a relatively new franchise here in South TX. It has my attention because of the no contract cheap monthly rates options. I miss CA sometimes, lived there in the late 90s!
    No better weather than where we were at!
  • Still a member of Planet Fitness. I have slacked and given up on losing weight until 2 weeks ago. Now my motivation is to win money in a weight loss contest. I see you managed to lose quite a bit of weight. Congratulations. Hope I have reached my 50 lb goal in next yr or so. Any bit of advice is welcomed. Its been hard fighting the hunger pains and negative mentality I have in thinking its deprivation not lifestyle changing.
  • I joined Planet Fitness in the start of the year. I like it because well it doesn't feel like a real gym. Not to knock Planet Fitness or anything. I think it's great for people who are just starting to workout or are out of shape. I def don't think it's good for body builders or super fit people and they would probably be happier at a real gym. Anyway like I said I think it's great for people like me who are staring out. I hope you don't give up this time! I've lost 25 pounds so far, you just have to take it one day at time! Don't give up if you mess up one day. Everyday is a new day, even if you mess up 7 days in a row or something. You can do this and now you have money as new incentive! Even if you can't go to a gym, just walking is good. I requested you, add me if you'd like a supportive friend.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    So sorry to be a wet blanket, but I have heard nothing but terrible things about Planet Fitness. I convinced my mom to not join because they are so anti-fitness and backwards.

They tout that they are "not like a regular gym". And that's a good thing...how? Gyms have been lucrative and result-giving tools for decades for a reason. "Real gyms" give "real results", whereas pseudo-gyms like Planet Fitness will give sub-par results, if any, with their limitations on how much you can lift, and their free pizza giveaways. Wtf?

An excellent article:

http://bodren.com/planet-fitness-worst-gym-ever/
This discussion has been closed.