how skinny sld you be for a belly ring. BE HONEST

dixiejeep
dixiejeep Posts: 95 Member
edited September 25 in Motivation and Support
Okay, So i've lost 24 pounds since Jan 2011, and Im going on a cruise in June. I want my bellybutton pierced for the cruise. I know i'm no where near my goal yet, but i want it to be healed for the cruise. So i was thinking of getting it pierced when i hit 30 pounds lost as my reward. I weigh 178 now, and i dont look absolutley horrible in a bikini, but i also dont look stunning (haha)...but what are your thoughts?

I really appreciate it :flowerforyou:

Replies

• chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    What would it hurt? If you feel comfortable in the bikini, then there's no reason not to feel comfortable with the belly ring as well.
    I say go for it!
  • LG2789
    LG2789 Posts: 20
    to rock a belly ring, all you need is confidence =)
  • dixiejeep
    True...idk im just iffy about it
  • meydusa
    meydusa Posts: 5
    I think it is good to give yourself rewards for doing good! I say go for it! (:
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    any size you want to be. I know people big and small that have them.
  • NobodyKnows
    NobodyKnows Posts: 764 Member
    I agree with all of the above.
  • hockeymom95
    hockeymom95 Posts: 157 Member
    Go for it!
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    You are 19 years old. Go for it! As far as i know, there is no weight limit!
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    You asked for us to be honest. So I personally think if your stomach is not skinny and tight with pretty much no bulge at all, then I don't want my eye drawn to it. I also think age has a lot to do with it. Anyone over 30 should not wear one, and that is pushing it. I am 33 and 5'5" and weigh 145lbs. I can wear a bikini but don't look great and I would never get my belly ring put back in as I feel I am too old for it. I also don't look anywhere near my age. So personally I think a person should be young and tight to wear bling on there gut. To wear a bikini you just need to have a good body and not have anything rolling out or over. I will not wear mine again till I am at least 10 more lbs lighter.
    But like others have said if you feel comfortable with a belly ring or a bikini no matter what you weigh then go for it. You will be on vacation and no one will know you anyway and will never see you again. I love everyone for who they are but i do also feel that there are certain pieces of clothing and accessories that are meant for only a certain people. Do what you feel is right.
    I know you are only 19 and this is something you can get away with very easily, it is fun and flirty. I use to have one at your age and only got rid of it when I got pregnant with my son when I was 22.
  • NobodyKnows
    NobodyKnows Posts: 764 Member
    I was so tempted to lie and tell you I needed a bikini pic to give an honest answer. ;-)
  • RiiNaCHiiCK09
    RiiNaCHiiCK09 Posts: 109 Member
    ohemeffingee!! (lol) do it! I think thats a wonderful idea! i think it'll make you feel sooo sexy and confident and it should be nicely healed by June! I think this idea is a fabulous reward for all of ur accomplishments :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • dixiejeep
    I was so tempted to lie and tell you I needed a bikini pic to give an honest answer. ;-)

hahahahaha thanks
  • dixiejeep
    i like the point that, your on vacation, and no one is ever gonna see you again...as soon as i hit that 30 mark, im going for it!!!
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    I have one and just want you to know it takes 3 to 6 months for that piercing to heal. Not a painful heal, but for a solid heal. I also think you need to be comfortabke with how YOU look. If you are ready to rock a biking girl then go geit it get it! But if you are not sure then wait until you are. Do not do it just for a cruise trip, do it as something nice for you. Good luck! :bigsmile:
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Wow...if you're over 30 then you're too old? Well, I am 32 and I intend on getting one soon. My body is tight and I have worked hard for it. I imagine the critic/poster above would be offended by my belly ring. You know what I have to say to that................................please!!!! Just because she believes her midsection is no longer something to show off DOES NOT mean that ours isn't. OP...DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!
  • RiiNaCHiiCK09
    RiiNaCHiiCK09 Posts: 109 Member
    Wow...if you're over 30 then you're too old? Well, I am 32 and I intend on getting one soon. My body is tight and I have worked hard for it. I imagine the critic/poster above would be offended by my belly ring. You know what I have to say to that................................please!!!! Just because she believes her midsection is no longer something to show off DOES NOT mean that ours isn't. OP...DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!

WHOO!!! You go girl!! You're only as young as you feel!!!
  • sierramist13
    sierramist13 Posts: 15 Member
    do it! i was 200+lbs when i got mine pierced. if you are comfortable with your body then thats all that matters!
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    I think it looks good on flat stomachs
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    As long you have a flat stomach, you're fine ;)
  • Woodman725
    Woodman725 Posts: 288 Member

Yeah, I don't know what's up with the age limit. It's how you feel mostly. I think if you're comfortable wearing a shirt short enough to show your midsection and/or a bikini, then rock it. I got my chest pierced recently and it does take several months to heal, so if you want to be able to show it by June, now would be the time. I did mine for personal reasons, and before I lost weight, but now I feel okay about taking my shirt off. It's kinda something nice to have to yourself for a while anyway, and maybe if you do it now, it will be something else to motivate you to get into the shape you want to be in. Good luck Dixi! And Bridget, over 30? no way, you look great
This discussion has been closed.