Needing a little boost after a bad weekend

Options
October: 179lbs.
Now: 149lbs.

At my heaviest I was up to about 185lbs and this weekend have been told a few times to not lose any more weight! Well since I had a bad weekend I can't do that just yet but finally managed to get some decent comparison photos.

August 2009 (about 185lbs)
6452_126456747326_633522326_2982045_2751623_n.jpg

August 2010 (about 180lbs)
41332_427916587326_633522326_5584373_7396869_n.jpg

April 2011 (149lbs)
205255_10150151941622327_633522326_7249904_1082739_n.jpg

Here's to a bit more motivation to keep us all on the right track!

Replies

• KayleesTryin
    KayleesTryin Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Very inspirational :flowerforyou:
  • ashmo1785
    ashmo1785 Posts: 117
    Options
    Great job! keep up the good work
  • octopusami
    octopusami Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I think in our currently society where obesity is the norm, people have forgotten what healthy looks like. You have obviously done an amazing job and look fabulous. As long as your goal puts you in your healthy BMI range you should continue until you feel you are satisfied with the results. Don't let ignorant people bring you down. Keep up the good work!
  • Andithin
    Andithin Posts: 8
    Options
    Wow!! this is great, you must be so proud of yourself. You look so beautiful now that you have lost all that weight, this is very inspirational! Don't worry what others say, get down to a healthy weight and healthy BMI that you feel good at. You are the one living in your body not them. Oh and i must say your horse is gorgeous!!!!
  • Charlea1981
    Charlea1981 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hey, well done,

A few people have said the same to me, however I am still in the Overweight BMI range, I am still not happy and confident within myself and I am still in a size 10-12 clothing.

Therefore, what you have to think is, what makes me happy?, how do I feel about myself?, what is the reasoning behind their comments? Jealously?, sabotage? Alternatively, they might be making these comments to be nice by not wanting to hurt our feelings or equally they may think you look fine and great how you are now, which you do. However, what it comes down to is how you feel about your own body.

So do not worry about anyone else but you.

Have a great day and keep up the good work ;-)
  • xrockinrobyn
    xrockinrobyn Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I'm in the healthy bmi range now for my height and whilst I don't feel completely happy I have to remind myself I don't necessarily see what they see, and I don't want to be silly and push myself too far and not be able to maintain. I'm going to try and maintain for a while now and see how that goes, then when the stress of uni is over perhaps go 5-10lbs more. The one thing I did notice is that despite still having a stomach roll my face looked almost a little gaunt in photos from this weekend, which was odd because it's always been so round. But I have to make these choices for me and no-one else. I'm happy how I am, just hope I can keep it off.
  • hollyd1986
    hollyd1986 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    WOWE!!! You never showed me this photo!!!!! You look so different!! Well done
  • xrockinrobyn
    xrockinrobyn Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thank you Holly
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!