First weigh in today

Options
(feel free to look at my diary - it's open, I have no secrets!)

I checked my weight for the first time today, 7 days after joining MFP and 8 months into my personal weight loss journey. I joined MFP after breaking a plateau of several weeks, which made me realise that I needed another motivator and more help to continue losing weight.

I've lost about 2lb! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

I'm nearly at a personal goal, which is to get under 12st. (I think that's 76kg). I remember my dad losing weight when I was little and he was 12 stone something. For months I've been seeing that number and it honestly makes me hate myself for getting to a weight that my DAD was healthy at. Obviously I was a lot heavier than 12 stone less than a year ago, but for some reason that number is a thorn in my side.

So, at 12 stone 1lb today I'm close. It might even be the next weigh-in. I'm not going to cry if it isn't. I can be patient. I've been at this too long to give up - and that's why I'm here.

After that, next stop - a healthy BMI! I've already gone past obese - so I know I can do it!

Replies

• tracey2710
    tracey2710 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Well done - I know what it's like hitting that plateau - I lost 3st before joining MFP but I still have another 21lbs to go but will it frigging shift - NO.:explode:
  • kristinmkartist
    kristinmkartist Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I have my Second weigh in on Wed. Last wed I didn't lose anything! So there should be a lose in a few days!
  • emsibun
    emsibun Posts: 208
    Options
    Tracey2710 - I know exactly that :explode: feeling! It's good to see progress. I really hope you do too :smile:

kristinmkartist - here's hoping for a tip of the scales in your favour on Wednesday! Best of luck :smile: