Vitamin help...

Options
I recently began taking a vitamin and it makes me feel sick almost instantly. I even take it after a meal. This morning for example I took it with an apple and a glass of water and within 10 minutes, I feel like I am going to throw up. Any suggestions? I thought about taking it before bed, but I wouldn't even have enough time to take it and fall asleep before feeling sick. I know that pregnant women sometimes take a Flintstones vitamin, if regular vitamins are too harsh on their stomach. I thought about trying this, but would I be getting enough vitamins?

Thanks.

Replies

• FitMomof3
    FitMomof3 Posts: 147
    Options
    I recently began taking a vitamin and it makes me feel sick almost instantly. I even take it after a meal. This morning for example I took it with an apple and a glass of water and within 10 minutes, I feel like I am going to throw up. Any suggestions? I thought about taking it before bed, but I wouldn't even have enough time to take it and fall asleep before feeling sick. I know that pregnant women sometimes take a Flintstones vitamin, if regular vitamins are too harsh on their stomach. I thought about trying this, but would I be getting enough vitamins?

Thanks.
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    You definitely need to try a different vitamin. Something in it is not agreeing with you at all.
  • aprilsmith1979
    Options
    Great questions... I should be taking one but I don't know if it was my mutli vitamin or the combination of that and Hoodia I took about a year ago and I thought I was going to go bald I was loosing so much hair so I stopped them both and now am scared to do the multi vitamin again???
  • Christine30412
    Options
    My boyfriend has the same problem with vitamins and he takes 2 Flinstone vitmains. They don't seem to bother him and he is getting all the minerals and vitamins he needs.
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I find that if I eat something with protein in it then my stomach does better with any vitamin.
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Great questions... I should be taking one but I don't know if it was my mutli vitamin or the combination of that and Hoodia I took about a year ago and I thought I was going to go bald I was loosing so much hair so I stopped them both and now am scared to do the multi vitamin again???

I was losing a lot of hair too, but then I started my prenatal vitamins again. No more hair falling out! It is actually thicker and looks much better, and my fingernails look awesome too. Even if you're not pregnant or planning on getting pregnant, you might want to try a prenatal. They've never upset my stomach or anything.
  • Creamybuterfly
    Options
    I take lots of vitamins and minerals a day...everyday. Try taking them at lunch time when your stomach is not so acid filled. During the night many people build a lot of acid in their stomachs and if you do not eat enough to settle that acid before taking medications or vitamins upset many stomachs. I have to take a thyroid pill in the morning and have to wait at least 4 hours before taking anything else or it counter affects the medication. So I switched to taking all of my vitamins and minerals right after I finish my lunch. It helped my stomach from being upset.
  • kingon8
    kingon8 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I always take 2 flintstones or gummys or whatever I have on hand for my son, and my ob gyn told me this was fine, b/c my prenatals made me terribly sick when I was pregnant. Just take 2-3 and you will get your vitamins!(plus they taste better!):happy:
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    yeah it sounds like you need to change vitamins. I personally do not take any.. Brought it up with my doctor and he told me so long as you eat a healthy balance of different foods vitamins really are not necessary. I do find when I try to take vitamins they bind me up.. so I stay away. I think it would be different if you were anemic or something ..then you would probably NEED to take some kind of suppliment. ..or if pregnant.. then take flintstones..that what I did when the prenatals made me sick.