When to Eat?

tyienna
tyienna Posts: 39
edited September 25 in Food and Nutrition
I was wondering if I should still eat even if I'm not hungry? I'm not talking about snacks, I'm speaking more of breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You always hear its not good to skip meals but you also hear to listen to what your body is telling you. So what does everyone else thing?

Replies

• ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Depends on your history. My body wasn't telling me to eat because I had been in a starve and binge cycle for a long time before starting MFP. I found that working out and eating regularly gave me my appetite back. Try for small, frequent meals, every 3 hours or so to keep your blood sugars level and keep your metabolism fueled. Don't stuff yourself if you aren't hungry, but my nutritionist always told me the goal was that I wasn't hungry, but constantly fueled. HTH!
  • Anna19911
    Anna19911 Posts: 141
    Eat your main meals. If you don't your metabolism will slow down.
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    I eat at least my 3 main meals and two snacks in between usually otherwise my metabolism crashes. If you don't feed your body the fuel it needs to run it will shut down and you won't be able to lose any weight.
  • Kerry2Shoes
    Kerry2Shoes Posts: 1 Member
    I have always found that eating three meals a day with mid morning and afternoon snacks keeps my metabolism up and is healthier for my body too. It gets into a routine of always burning energy and therefore weight comes off more regularly.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,728 Member
    I agree with Ashley. In general, people should eat only if they are truly hungry. However, because of long term dieting/bingeing, I didn't even know what hunger felt like. I started making myself eat small meals every 2-3 hours and started to realize the true signs of hunger.
This discussion has been closed.