Monday Maniacs Challenge

Options
Mondays workouts set the tone and momentum for the rest of the of week.
Who will rise to the challenge of burning 500 calories today????

Make sure to post your final burn at the end of the day!
NOTE: Caloric burn is based on age, sex, weight, muscle,etc so don't be discouraged if you do not burn as much as other.

BONUS Challenge for those real maniacs out there...
My personal mission 1500-1700 calories. (I teach fitness) If anyone wants to challenge me. BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in, I had a rough weekend!! I'll stick to the 500 calorie goal though... good luck with that 1500-1700!!
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I will definitely do the 500 and try to hit the 1000 today. Thanks for the challenge.
  • vnmw121212
    vnmw121212 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I think I want in!!!!

I'm feeling it today. But i warn you, 500 cals isn't much to burn when you're fat..lol I'm in tho!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHH(warrior scream..lol)
  • bellawomenswellness
    bellawomenswellness Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Whoo Hoo!!! Bring it on ladies!!! Your right 500 might be easy to burn for some harder for others. So be ambitious! Set your goals high!!!
  • koalasue
    koalasue Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    1500 in a day? Wow! What do you do to burn that?
  • kristiek7
    kristiek7 Posts: 198
    Options
    Done! Got up at 4:30am and burned 649! I was cursing the storm that was shaking my house.......put the extra time to good use though!!! Dont think I'll ever achieve your burn - what an amazing goal!
  • amydanell
    amydanell Posts: 25
    Options
    I'm in!!! Gotta get back on track from this weekend!!!
  • bellawomenswellness
    Options
    My burn today looks something like this...
    6am-7am Bodystep 695 Calories
    7-7:15am Run 15 minutes 178 Burn
    7:30-8:25am Teach Boot Camp 605 Burn

10:30-11:30am BodyPump
    (sometime today) Insanity Workout

I am on a serious mission. Not always this crazy... but I feel amazing doing all the exercise. My energy levels are through the roof. My fitness level is increasing. For me it is not all about weigh loss, but overall health and fitness. I want to be that grandma speeding past you on the "Iron girl" course. It is a life long journey for me!
  • koalasue
    koalasue Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Can I ask a question? I have been stuggling with weight since forever. I workout everyday burn about 200 aday but I eat alot of carbs. I know its the carbs but I can't seem to control them. Should I try to alter my diet or just burn more in a day?
  • KelRed
    KelRed Posts: 30
    Options
    I am definitely in!!! Will post my end results later:smile:
  • bellawomenswellness
    Options
    I'm in. Can I ask a question? I have been stuggling with weight since forever. I workout everyday burn about 200 aday but I eat alot of carbs. I know its the carbs but I can't seem to control them. Should I try to alter my diet or just burn more in a day?

I forget where I heard it but I love the saying " you can't out train a bad diet". Carbs are the bodies main source of energy. Carbs are not the enemy. Aim for a good amount of Complex carbs earlier in the day; Breakfast and lunch. then taper off the carbs into the evening as the body is going to go into hibernation as you sleep. You do not need ENERGY to sleep, but you need energy for your daily activities. Simple carbs and processed food high in sugar trigger the body to crave more sugar. Try to cut out the processed foods; foods with added sugar. Sugar has been compared to Cocaine. You body can crave it like a drug. The more you partake of it the more you crave it. This is also true with artificial sweeteners.

Make your workouts count. Push yourself and do not workout in your comfort zone. The body is highly adaptable. You need to switch your workouts up. Cross train. Add lots of variety. HITT (High Intensity interval Training) training is wonderful as you burn lots of calories during the workout and burn calories at a higher rate after your workout as your body works to restore homeostasis. Hope that helps! Summary: Keep the diet clean and make your workouts count.
  • TLC1975
    TLC1975 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm in..I'll get close to 500 today...and that is almost an hour resistance and 45 min cardio..it take a lot for me to burn that many...plus I only have so much time on my lunch to get it in...and limitations to what I Can do..

Love the 1000-1500 mark........good for you!
  • bellawomenswellness
    Options
    Just under 2000... so far
  • TLC1975
    TLC1975 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    583 calories burned!
  • KelRed
    KelRed Posts: 30
    Options
    I burned 898 doing Turbo Fire!
  • kristiek7
    kristiek7 Posts: 198
    Options
    Thanks for posting this challenge......I was so happy to break the 500 mark this morning.......but my grand total of today is actually 1020!!!! I've never ever come close to that before!!!
  • bellawomenswellness
    Options
    Thanks for posting this challenge......I was so happy to break the 500 mark this morning.......but my grand total of today is actually 1020!!!! I've never ever come close to that before!!!

WOW!!!!! Thats amazing!!!
    Watch for the challenge again next Monday!
  • bellawomenswellness
    Options
    My final tally... 1930 Calories burned during exercise today
  • bellawomenswellness
    Options
    I burned 898 doing Turbo Fire!

Turbo is ALWAYS a killer burn!
  • bellawomenswellness
    Options