Need Extra Support for the long road ahead...

Options
Hello MFP, I am not new to this site but I recommitted myself over the last 2 mos. I have successfully lost 17lbs so far. I am still in search of committed members that will offer daily support. I currently workout 3-4x a week with 30 Day Shred or Walk Away the Pounds.

The plan is to lose 85 lbs. this year. My weight loss journey for me is a about being free and living a healthy lifestyle. I am an obese person that likes to workout. However I struggle sometimes with emotional overeating. I would really like to find members on here that have loss or trying to lose a large amount of weight. (50+lbs) I find people who have already lost large sums of weight so inspiring. :smile:

Replies

• phatdiva26
    Options
    Girl I am in it for the long haul too!:tongue: I love your workout schedule! Keep up the good work honey!:wink: Lovin seeing women off color getting in shape...it warms my heart! WE CAN DO THIS!
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me (actually, I might beat you to it!). Welcome to the journey!

I started my journey May 1st 2010. I'm working on BRINGING IT this month to at least get my first year's total to 40 pounds lost (and countless inches lost)... I will still have another 42 to go after that.

It's been a long journey, but definitely worth it. I feel healthier, I look healthier... It's awesome!
  • kps1104
    kps1104 Posts: 58
    Options
    yay, good for you! 17lbs is awesome! I hope you have an amazing journey...and I am sure you will do great! lots of support helps :) we will be here for you!
  • evelynfarmer
    evelynfarmer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    A 17 pound loss is wonderful. Great Job and Keep up the Good Work. We are all here to motivate each other to reach our goals.
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Yay for you 17 pounds great job ! I have lost 30.5 so far and have another 70 to loose ! Deffently feel free to add me as a friend if you want ! I am currently doing the 30 day shred also !
  • TheNewMe28
    Options
    Hello. I just joined this site about a 1 1/2 ago. I made up my mind that I am going to lose weight. I have been big all my life and I accepted it. I have never had a issue with my size so I never tried to lose any weight until last summer. I was diagnosed with gout and I am borderline diabetic. The doctor told me that I needed to lose weight. It would help with both the gout and keep me from crossing the border. It took me some months to become committed, but with the help of this site I am finally there. I have a goal of 80-100 pounds to lose. If I lose 80 I will be very happy, if I lose 100 it will be even better. I only have one "friend" on here so far. You can "friend" me if you want. Good luck on your weight lost!!!!!!!
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Hey Congratulations on realizing that its all about healthy living and to committing yourself to a goal!

Sounds like you have a great plan in place and are really working hard at it. WTG!

I myself have always struggled and it took a long time to realize what I needed to do. Happy to report that I have lost over 100 and still have 22 lbs to go. But with proper lifestyle, I'll get there!

If you need a sounding board, or just a little friendly support... Feel free to add me.

Kindest Regards,
  • qrsjones
    qrsjones Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started last year myself and lost 30 pounds the first year. I have 108 more to go and I am an emotional eater. You are doing an awesome job already. I am here for you if you need to talk when you feel the emotions taking over. I know that sometimes helps me to talk to someone at that time or to online chat. Keep up the good work.
  • mes1921
    mes1921 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I have about 60 lbs to go (almost down 10 so far). I understand enjoying the workout but overeating. MFP is great for that. I rarely crave junk food anymore, and have to have my greek yogurt every day! Good luck on your journey!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hello & welcome ;)
    Great attitude....love it :bigsmile:
    Friend request sent....we can do this!!!
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the support. I truly believe we can do anything we put in our hearts to do. I'm so glad to see we are not here alone:happy: