ARRRRGgggggg HELP!!!! No More YO YO!!

Options
Hello all,
Misty here (aka Getnfitn2011) As you might have guessed from the above subject heading I need help!!!! Mine is a classic story really ( if you are a fellow yo-yo that is ) I was doing so well....had been on target for almost two weeks....was killing my workouts everyday...under my calorie goal everyday....even lost eight inches in ONE week!!! Then I found out we are moving sooner than expected! Cue dramatic music!!!!! I don't know why but the moment I get stressed I just cease to care about my diet! I have been very active not doing workouts but moving and packing boxes for about eight hours everyday YAY...I have also been shoving all the wrongs things in my stomach, Not yay :( !!!! Arrgggggg so frustrating!!! I am looking to see what you guys out there do to cope with stress and stay on track??? I have a huge amount of will power normally but when I am stressed? Forget about it!!!! If you care to share your tips and tricks I would just adore you!!! I have tweleve more days of packing and moving and cleaning ahead of me...so any input would be awesome!!!! Have a blessed day guys, and thanks!!!
Misty

Replies

• evelynfarmer
    evelynfarmer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Misty,

I know exactly how you feel and have been in your shoes. Have your mind right, exercising and working out, seeing the results from your hard work and then "ALL OF A SUDDEN" your in a rut and start slacking off due to whatever the case may be and then you step on the scale and your back at SQUARE 1. I agree that I don't want to go through that again. I'm with you girl. Good luck. I added you as a friend and maybe we can work through this all together.
  • CindyWard4u
    CindyWard4u Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Just by posting and asking for help...great way to get your accountability up! :) I would suggest that you plan out your food...don't bring the bad stuff into the house...load up on healthy eats etc....I think if you go for a donut and can't find one and instead have some almonds and carrots...you will be much more satisfied and happier that you did it. Planning is the key I think. Removing the bad stuff. Reaching out to others for support. :)
    We are here for you! You can do this!
  • plm0902
    plm0902 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I known what your going thorugh too. Going strong and doing all the right things and then you life gets thrown into chaos and your routine is shot. I'll admit that I have yet to discover a way to stay totally on track. In the past I done 2 things that help to keep me from lsing all my hard work.
    1. I make sure to have healthy food that is easy to get to and make. This usually involves frozen vegetable and precut fresh fruit for my tastes. I also love the microwave popcorn for my snacks instead of chips.
    2. I take breaks. Small breaks, 15 min walks or small yoga session. Even just sitting down for a few mintutes to get away from the stress. I really enjoyed taking walks during my last move because it helped me to step away from the stress for a little while.

Eventually I end up creating a whole new routine that fits into my new schedule.
    Good luck with moving. Stick with your goals for weight loss as much as possible!
  • CandiesAndSweets
    CandiesAndSweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Oh, sweetie. I just went through a week like that. Renovations at home threw me out of the house for a bit. At first I stuck to the diet as much as I could. Although I couldn't exercise. A few days into that mess, and I just started eating whatever. I still kind of tried to be good, but that didn't work out all that much :) However, I told myself a while ago, that no matter what I eat, I will enjoy it and not feel bad about it. And I feel really good about that idea. Because I don't hold any resentment towards myself for the bad diet week. Which makes it that much easier to get back into it today. What we're doing is a journey. There will be ups and downs, and then some more ups and downs. But as they occur and you push through them, you'll notice your habits change for better little by little. So brush off the naughty experience and get back to it. Keep your focus. Fight to keep your focus on getting healthy.

Planning meals ahead definitely works. When I had planned meals ahead everything was going well. When I ran out of the planned meals, that's when the force of habit took over and I turned to high calorie food. Easiest meals for me to reach for that are healthy are ProBars, Raw REV bars and a vanilla powder protein shake. The protein powder is not based on animal fat but on plants. I mix that with some unsweetened almond milk and I sip on it to keep the hunger down.

I'm starting over with you! You're not alone :) And we WILL accomplish our goals!!!
  • Kellee_76
    Kellee_76 Posts: 91
    Options
    To meet goals, think short-term. But when you slip up, think long term. Imagine looking back a year from now and seeing all the effort you put in on a daily basis. It will really help to diminish your infrequent slip-ups. We all have them and yet we can still reach our goals if we keep plodding along. If you're taking a long road trip, you might do some sightseeing along the way. The more side-trips you take, the longer it will take to get to your destination, but you'll still get there eventually if you keep going.

(One of the tricks I used when I was working two jobs and going to school was to keep a long list of permissible fast food items in my wallet. That way, when I absolutely did not have time to sit down for a healthy meal, I didn't feel as bad about "blowing my diet" because I was able to stay within my calorie range. It's not ideal and it's no way to live day to day, but I think it's acceptable for a little while when things are really hectic. It's better than throwing in the towel completely.)
  • getnfitn2011
    Options
    Thanks you ladies!!!!! I am not going to give up...I decided today that no matter what I eat I am gonna log it...also gonna make my diary public!!! You guys are so awesome each with a unique way to go that made me smile and get me in gear to really plug in and keep on going!!! So once again I say thank you and wish you all a blessed evening!!!!
    Misty