Beat my time!

Options
amandalc980
amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
During my 10k this weekend I noticed there was nobody behind me. Very depressing when that happens. I was the zombie bait! :frown:

However, I put that out of my mind and focused on my own run. I knew I was making good time. I came up to the 2 mile marker and was at 20 minutes. Came up to the 3.3 mile and was at 33 minutes!!! My final 10k time was 61:19!!! My first 10k was 68 something back in February. Huge improvement! Still not winning awards, but I am stoked by the time. Not running another 10k until June, hopefully I can do a sub 60!

Replies

• BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    How about this...I have yet to run a 10K! So great job! I'm hoping to not be the zombie bait (I love that!) behind you in the near future!
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Great Job. A sub 60 - 10K is in your future!

You can do it!
  • wannabehotmomma
    wannabehotmomma Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are really improving girl!! So impressed with your results.... thanks for always inspiring me!
  • skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    Options
    Oh that's awesome! And a huge jump in time- Great job! I would definitely be the zombie bait behind you... or a really fast zombie- haven't decied which team I want to be on yet :laugh:
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    If you turn into a zombie I promise to dispatch you in the most humane way possible! :flowerforyou:

You did Carlsbad this weekend, right? How was it?
  • skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    Options
    haha- if I'm trying to eat you please kill me in whatever manner necessary hehe!

Beat previous time- but not by as much as I'd secretly hoped for. Was mentally all over the place so that didn't help. The t- shirt is awesome- so that was a perk. Overall it was fun. Looking forward to doing it again next year.
  • baldzach
    baldzach Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    You ran a 10k at a 10 minute pace and no one was behind you? That has to be the quickest 10k field of all time, outside of the Olympics (and such similar organized competitions). That's crazy. Great time for a 10k, though! When is your half marathon? :)
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, GREAT JOB!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!