Staying on track...

Options
emibmas
emibmas Posts: 1,058 Member
I am on day 28 of my "lifestyle" change. I had a diet buddy, but she gave up. I have no intention of quitting this time around. So, I joined MFP looking for the support I need that only someone who is actually going through this can give. My DH has been amazing too.

I have lost and gained a lot of weight over the past 6 years. I have 3 wonderful children to show from it. 5,3,19 months. And 50 extra pounds. I have lost about 15lbs so far. Every day is challenge. Especially not picking off the kids plates!!!

I look forward to going on this journey with you...
~em

Replies

• emibmas
    emibmas Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I am on day 28 of my "lifestyle" change. I had a diet buddy, but she gave up. I have no intention of quitting this time around. So, I joined MFP looking for the support I need that only someone who is actually going through this can give. My DH has been amazing too.

I have lost and gained a lot of weight over the past 6 years. I have 3 wonderful children to show from it. 5,3,19 months. And 50 extra pounds. I have lost about 15lbs so far. Every day is challenge. Especially not picking off the kids plates!!!

I look forward to going on this journey with you...
    ~em
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Em & best of luck to you!

I totally understand the temptation of the kids leftovers. I had a BAD habit of eating off of their plates when they left something yummy but I started DESTROYING what they leave on their plates. We were at Long John Silver's and my daughter had cole slaw she hadn't touched...so I dumped her leftover ketchup packet in it...making it yuck-o so the temptation was gone. That's my new strategy! hehehe:smile:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi Em, and welcome! This is the best site on the web, you're going to love it here!
    Between the easy food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive people here, you WILL lose the weight that you want to. AND, it'll be fun while doing it!
    I've gotta warn you, this site is also VERY addicting!