New to MyFitnessPal...Hello

Shellie1069
Shellie1069 Posts: 28
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Howdy all, I'm Shellie, I just joined MyFitnessPal last night. I have found in the past that watching my calories and logging them daily helps keep me accountable and there for helps to keep me frrom going astray. I used to go to the gym from Feb of this year til the end of May but found that time was an issue for me so I have gone out and bought a treadmill for at home and am going to make it a personal goal to use it for an average of 30 minutes per day every day minium.
I am currently weighing in at 225# and a real tight size 14. My goal is to get down to 160-165# and a loose size 12.
I had been on a diet for 3 months and lost 20# :smile: but have been off it for the last 2 months and gained back 15# :ohwell:
This means I need to lose about 60-65# My goal is to accomlish this goal by June 1st, 2009 that gives me just under a year. I think it is very do-able.

My favorite pass times/ hobbies include: taking the boat out fishing on the Columbia River for Sturgeon, Going for a casual hike in the woods or on the coast, Bowling with my son (just because we have fun doing it), Curling up with a good book, and just spending time with my Husband/ Bestfriend and kids. :love:

It is Not a Diet... It is a Way of Life. :happy:

Replies

• Howdy all, I'm Shellie, I just joined MyFitnessPal last night. I have found in the past that watching my calories and logging them daily helps keep me accountable and there for helps to keep me frrom going astray. I used to go to the gym from Feb of this year til the end of May but found that time was an issue for me so I have gone out and bought a treadmill for at home and am going to make it a personal goal to use it for an average of 30 minutes per day every day minium.
    I am currently weighing in at 225# and a real tight size 14. My goal is to get down to 160-165# and a loose size 12.
    I had been on a diet for 3 months and lost 20# :smile: but have been off it for the last 2 months and gained back 15# :ohwell:
    This means I need to lose about 60-65# My goal is to accomlish this goal by June 1st, 2009 that gives me just under a year. I think it is very do-able.

My favorite pass times/ hobbies include: taking the boat out fishing on the Columbia River for Sturgeon, Going for a casual hike in the woods or on the coast, Bowling with my son (just because we have fun doing it), Curling up with a good book, and just spending time with my Husband/ Bestfriend and kids. :love:

It is Not a Diet... It is a Way of Life. :happy:
  • squishfu1
    squishfu1 Posts: 33
    welcome!! Good luck! This is a great site!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Welcome & best of luck to you! You can do this!:flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Welcome! With the help of this great site, you CAN lose all the weight that you want to, and it'll be fun doing it! It's quite addicting too!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Welcome Shellie its great to have you here. Good luck on meeting your goals, you can do it.:flowerforyou:
  • Thank you all for the warm welcome and words of encoragement. :smile: :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.