Self Tanner...what's your fav

Options
OBXGal
OBXGal Posts: 113 Member
As my mom would say 'tan fat looks better than white fat'..lol!

But she's so right! A tan will hide a lot of the bad stuff. So on that note, what is your fav self tanner? I've been using one by L'Oreal that works pretty well, but wanted some input from you guys to find out if there is something better out there that won't break the bank. I live at the beach and pretty much have to have some color, but don't want to damage my skin anymore than it already is from years of sun exposure.

Replies

• ashleighlvschris
    Options
    HEMP is awsome & cheap. I get mine at walmart or sallys, its about $5. Works really good, & no streaking or blotches.
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I like the Jergen's Natural glow, good price and have never had a 'streak'!
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I use the gradual self-tanning lotions. Both Jergens and generic (Target, Wal-mart) works pretty well. Gotta watch the wrists and ankles cuz they might turn orange. I like it better than being pasty-glow in the dark but I refuse to fake-bake. Waiting for some nice natural sun.
  • denisecline45
    Options
    I do the tanning bed at first to get alittle color and then I use Jergens that you can get at walmart. I use it right after showering and it does 2 jobs in one. It give your skin moisture for lotion and tans you overnight, use the medium at first for light skin and then change to the darker. It works wonderfully. No streaks and am very pleased with it. No one can tell the difference.
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post! I can't wait to see all of the responses.

Do any of you have problems with it SWEATING off? Does that make sense? I have never self tanned but I work out a lot and don't want to be sweating tanning lotion all over my clothes... lol
  • MereRae
    MereRae Posts: 39
    Options
    The L'Oreal Sublime Bronze is my favorite. I even put that stuff on my face and I NEVER put anything but regular moisturizer on my face.
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking this..I was just thinking last night that I am tired of being Casper the Ghost white and I need to do something. I don't tan normally. I go from white to sunburnt and then back to white..so I think self tanners are my only hope. lol!
  • OBXGal
    Options
    @Cliff'sWifey..I've never had a problem sweating it off. The one I use has some color to it so you can see where you are putting it, but it washes off and leaves you with the 'tan''. It will wear off in certain areas, but I tend to use it a few times a week and then you can 't really tell.
  • OBXGal
    Options
    Sorry...ClintsWifey!