Morning Shake

Options
So. My buddy is in the process of losing alot of weight. He skips breakfast every single day. He eats his first meal at 11. I explained to him how his body will be angry with him and we need to get him to have something in the morning. I suggest a nice clean shake with some fruit or even a shake with a bagel that he seems to enjoy.

He will be walking for some time and then transitioining to a bike. He probably won't pick up a weight for 3-6 months til we can get off some weight. I don't see why anyone would say no to whey protein, its a meal replacement with

If the shake has the same nutrients and calories as a whole food meal but allows him to maintain his morning rituals I say why the hell not but I am reading people who frawn upon it and I can't see why

What do you guys think?

Does anyone have some advice for him?

Replies

• Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh mygod, I love morning shakes.

My Favorite that I just throw together in the morning, takes 5mins max

Blackberries (1cup)
    Rasberries (1cup)
    Vanilla Soy Milk(1cup)
    10 Ice cubes
    Honey (teaspoon is enough, just for flavor)

Makes about 2 glasses for me, which I just put in my 2 work out bottles and throw them in my bag for work. <3<3<3

*Edit: For the 2full glasses it's about 220cal for my Smoothie. Normally people only drink 1 :)
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I totally agree that he HAS to eat in the morning. Your has gone for a long time with out fuel and needs that fuel to kick start the metabolism.

I drink a protein drink for breakfast each morning and add fruit so I get those in and its nutritious. I would make sure he is adding good stuff to it. I drink Shakeology which is a health/protein drink so its not just protein. It has lots of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants etc so my body is getting lots of good things.

I say as long as he is drinking something healthy it is better to have it than nothing. It will help him lose the weight!
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    When I am in a rush I use one of the high protein supplement/ meal replacement shakes. Just pitch it in the blender with or without some blueberries and I'm good to go in 2-3 minutes. Really need to have something to start the day and "Break the fast"