Faux Vitatops

Options
So I was super duper excited to see vita tops were on sale B1G1 Free at publix today, But even a B1G1 $5 For 8 cookie/muffin/cake things is a bit expensive to me. And If I REALLY Liked them, then what? $5 for 4 When they aren't on sale?!? That just won't do. Enter my creative side.

1 Box Jiffy Chocolate Muffin Mix
Seltzer Water
1/4 C Egg Substitute
4 tbs Chocolate Chips (semi sweet)

I Didn't measure out the seltzer water, but just use enough that when combined with the muffin mix and the egg sub it has a cake batter consistency Fill cupcake tins about half way with mixture and sprinkle with chocolate chips.

I got 12 muffins out of this and it only cost me about $5 (with seltzer,egg sub, and chocolate chips all left over!) So Chances are I made 12 faux vita tops for less then $2..Will def be trying this with the diff jiffy flavors.

*I forgot to add that these are only about 100 Calories each. (same as vitatops!)

Replies

• FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    awesome, this is a keeper recipe for sure
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    If you sign up for www.vitalicious.com, then they send out coupons. You can also get them online at their website, or on Amazon. Your recipe sounds good tho.
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Do you know if it has the same nutrition values? The fiber, vitamins and protein?

Way to be creative!
  • jackiemomx2
    jackiemomx2 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    The cost of Vitatops has kept me from trying them. Def going to try out your recipe instead! Thanks!
  • yojibalinese
    Options
    That's really not bad, 12 for 100 cal each exactly! How do they taste in comparison though?
  • ajh2011
    ajh2011 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe! I will definitely have to try this. The cost has also prevented me from trying them even though I have heard they are good. But they were out of the chocolate at Publix this weekend so didn't get them.
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Not sure of the nutrition values as far as fiber and everything.I image that really depends on the muffin mixed used. here is the info for the brand I used : http://www.jiffymix.com/product.php/18/Chocolate_Muffin_Mix
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    yojibalinese, I've never tried the vitatops, but the ones I made were very moist and yummy, I wrapped them up individually in small baggies and froze them, so when I want one I can just pop it in the microwave for a few seconds and have warm chocolate goodness.
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    bump :) il have to try this, wot wud be a sub for some ingredients as i live in the UK?

thanx
  • MrDave
    MrDave Posts: 6
    Options
    You can also try Vitalicious's VitaMuffin Mixes. They are just $6.25 per pack and each makes a dozen VitaTops. Unlike some copycat recipes, each one of these homemade VitaTops will be 100 calories with 4g of protein, 8g of fiber and packed with vitamins and minerals.