Food Nutrition Fact Inaccuracies

Options
Whenever I'm searching the database to see if what I'm about to eat (or have eaten) has been added, I have a tendency to double-check the nutrition facts against the actual label, just to make sure everything's right. I'm finding that a lot of things that have been entered into the database are just not right.

It's like people are either entering yet cheating, or they're eating it but punishing themselves for doing so. They're cheating by entering the info at numbers that are way too low, or they're entering amounts that are way higher than what's on the package. When I see the latter, it always makes me think that the person who entered it is punishing themselves for even eating it. Do you really want to be depriving yourself that way?

So I guess what I want to say overall is stop punishing yourself by entering exaggerated information and depriving yourself, and don't ignore the fact that you're cheating. We all have a moment of weakness that usually leads us to eat something we probably shouldn't eat, but that's no reason to punish yourself over it. Just accept it and move on.

Anyway, sorry for the rant, it's just something that's been bothering me a bit when I go to enter my food. Take it easy on yourselves. :)

Replies

• Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I also always double check the info and if it's not correct, I edit it.
  • rosiesparkle100
    Options
    I think you are probably reading a bit too much into it! I think people just add in the nutritional information that is displayed on the packet which is usually for 100 g,forgetting that the food they are eating weighs much more or less than that!
  • ladybullis
    ladybullis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have found a lot of variations in nutritional info also and it's the main reason I haven't totally given myself to this method of losing weight. I type in a banana and get 5 different sets of numbers, it makes me feel like my information isn't accurate and therefor that this system isn't accurate. Not sure what to do about that?