ab exercises + resistance bands

Options
can someone list some ab exercises i could do at home with resistance bands, i only know a few and wanna have a resistance building ab exercise so they can get bigger.

mike

Replies

• remarkableregimens
    Options
    There are core exercises with resistance bands in the Turbo Fire videos. If you don't have that, maybe you could find it on you tube?

Good luck!
  • manettaMikey
    manettaMikey Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    mmm i have turbofire but never went thru the videos. My coordination suxs on it.
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    While I can suggest several abdominal exercises that use the band, I strongly suggest you invest approximately $20-$25 and purchase the book "Strength Band Training" by Phil Page and Todd Ellenbecker. Not only does it have lots of ab strengthening exercises, it has over 100 total body strength training exercises and is well worth every penny.

Now, for some of those exercises you asked for:

CURL-UP: tie one end of the band to an immovable stationary object close to the floor. Lie on your back with knees bent, and extend your arms in front of you. Grasp the loose end of the band in your hands and while keeping your elbows straight, curl your trunk upward without moving your arms. Come up only to the point that your shoulders are off the floor and you can feel the tightness in your abs. VARIATIONS: Come up slowly for a six count, four count, 2 count and singles and go back quickly. Hold at the top for a count of eight. Come up quickly and go down slowly for a six count, four count, 2 count and singles. Do about 12 reps 3 sets. Tie the band higher up on the immovable stationary object and do this same exercise while leaning against a stability ball.

LOWER-ABDOMINAL CRUNCH: Lie on your back with your knees bent, feet off the floor at a 90 degree angle. Stretch the band over your knees and cross underneath your buttocks (like the letter X). Grasp each end of the band on the floor at either side of your hips. Keep your elbows slightly bent, palms down. As you firmly hold the band against the floor with your palms, slowly lift your knees and buttocks upward towards the ceiling. Slowly return to the floor but never completely rest. Get right back up there again. VARIATIONS: Same as curl-up variations above. Can do this same exercise using a stability ball under your feet.

TRUNK TWIST: Sit with your legs extended in front about hip width apart in a small letter V. Bring the band under the soles of your feet and grab the ends in both hands next to your waist. Moving from the waist and shoulders only, twist SLOWLY to one side and hold. Return SLOWLY to the center. Do 12 reps 3 sets to each side. VARIATIONS: Tie one end of your band to an immovable stationary object about shoulder height. Stand on top of a bosu ball (if you have one) or simply stand on the floor on one leg (the leg opposite to the point where you tied the band) and SLOWLY twist from the waist and shoulders only away from the point where you tied the band. Do 12 reps, 3 sets to each side.