Question people that lost a lot of weight? Skin or fat

Options
ok as you can see I have lost a lot of weight and still have 30lbs to go, but I do have lots of my fat left in the middle section wanted to know how can you tell if their is still fat or if it is loose skin. Like my inner thighs have skin that hangs a bit but is their still fat their, will it flatten out if the fat is gone? My arms are better because I do weight training and use palmers coco butter just looking at what I have left to do I guess. Anyone have pics, I have a large lower abdomen below the belly button and a c section scar to deal with, I am not looking for completely flat just not look like I am always wearing a fanny pack.

Replies

• 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I've heard a good test is to pinch the area you suspect is loose skin. If you are pinch an inch or more, there's still fat in there. If it is truly loose skin, when you pinch your fingers will be close together, like there is nothing in between the two side (aka no fat). I'm 10 lbs from my goal and my midsection still has fat. I can "pinch an inch" or two still!
  • ClarkMer
    ClarkMer Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have that pouch in the front also from pregnancy. I was wondering the same thing, so I asked my doctor, and he said that it may not go completely away without surgery to remove some of the skin. I really hope that it at least gets small enough that I dont always have to be self consious about it
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Get in the bath and submerge the areas in question. If it looks like there's a mini-lumpy-beach ball holding up a sheet of skin...that's fat. I have it in my stomach and thighs. :-/

(fat does float)