Colas and Sodas and artificial sweetners

Options
I have attempted to entirely cut out my Diet Coke addiction because I am trying to completely get away from artificial sweetners and sugars.

Anyone know of any natural cola drinks? I tried Blue Sky Cola sweetened with Truvia today. It's no Diet Coke, but it's also no chemicals. I can get used to it. But curious if there is anything else out there?

Replies

• karanmwk
    karanmwk Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I don't personally know of anything. Sorry :( Months ago I decided to make a change and drink only water....was awful at first but you get used to it & now just seems natural.
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    Jones Soda at wal-mart
  • yooneroos
    Options
    i find that it helps to drink mineral water when you're craving that soda. you get the carbonation without the negative aspects.
  • az1cowgirl
    Options
    I too was addicted to diet coke and drank it instead of water. I cut it out completely about a month ago, suffered through the headaches, and flushed out my system with lots of water and the occasional ice tea. This weekend, I drank 8oz of diet coke as a treat and suffered terribly the rest of the day from bloating, gas, and heartburn. So not worth it. Once you break the cycle you'll find yourself not wanting it. I KNOW...hard to believe...but true!

Good luck from one former diet coke addict to a soon to be one! :wink:
  • ThePinkSheep
    ThePinkSheep Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have a huge Coke Zero / Diet Coke addiction. But when I started two months ago to change my eating habits, I stopped buying soda to have in the house. Now I just buy one occasionally as a treat with my Subway or something.

BUT, when I am at home I hate to drink just flat water (gag) and tried iced tea etc. So I drink carbonated water to replace the soda. Has helped me get over my diet coke addiction. HTH!

P.S. I noticed when I stopped drinking Coke Zero all day at home, I stopped having diarrhea (sorry if TMI) everyday.
  • JessG11
    JessG11 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of water and green tea too! But I feel if I can get in one coke a day it will help say no to the real stuff!

Jones soda? Is that in with the other drinks or in a special asile? And the real question: Is it worth trying?
  • JessG11
    JessG11 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Never thought about getting the sparkling water/mineral water for the carbonation. Thanks everyone!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Hansens makes natural colas, but no idea what they taste like...
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of carbonated waters from Wal Mart--Sam's Free.
  • angebean
    angebean Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Honestly, once you get used to NOT drinking it, when you do drink it, it doesn't taste very good. If you are used to the caffeine you might get some headaches at first, but if you keep drinking lots of water, you will find that your body will crave the water instead of the coke.

Good luck!
  • angebean
    angebean Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hansens makes natural colas, but no idea what they taste like...

Hansens are pretty good, but you have to deal with the sugar. In this case, it's natural cane sugar, which I think is better just because it's natural and not chemicals.
  • AndyAt160lbs
    AndyAt160lbs Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You have to go cold turkey and ride it out just like smoking, but once your body is over it you will feel so much better. The stuff is designed to make you an addict, like crack. Just resign yourself to never touch it again, that your health, and the way you feel are more important than a product.
  • borichfan
    borichfan Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I so much want to kick the diet soda habit. I drink Diet Rite half the time and drink Diet Coke half the time. With all the diet soda i drink each day, i may get down about 2 or 3 glasses of water a day. i want to make the change and kick the soda habit, i would like to drink water only. Wonder if it can be done?
  • AndyAt160lbs
    AndyAt160lbs Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I so much want to kick the diet soda habit. I drink Diet Rite half the time and drink Diet Coke half the time. With all the diet soda i drink each day, i may get down about 2 or 3 glasses of water a day. i want to make the change and kick the soda habit, i would like to drink water only. Wonder if it can be done?

As a wise nike once said, just do it...one day at a time, before you know it you are at a week, then a month, and then a year. You CAN do it.