Not new but hoping to faithfully use this to aide marathon t

Options
I am not new but am trying to use this faithfully! I lost 75+ pounds over a couple of years and manage to keep it off with healthy eating and exercise...without counting calories. However, I am in marathon training now and hope this will help me to keep on track with eating healthy when I carb load and to make sure I am eating enough calaries as endurance running burns alot. Somedays I am so busy I don't remember what I have eaten or burned and I end up crashing and feeling tired the next day.

Replies

• okmum33
    okmum33 Posts: 21
    Options
    Marathon training also, always worried that I was eating either too much or not enough..mfp is really good for controlling what you eat. what marathon are you doing and when, I am doing Edinburgh in May, training going ok, but really takes over your life. good luck with your marathon.
  • littlewatty1980
    littlewatty1980 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am doing half marathon in Rockford Illinois in May and full in Quad CIties in September. It's not too bad. I really love running and substitute my hobbies for running. It works. Helps balance everything I do! I run for distance...not speed. lol

What is mfp?
  • jennajoehro
    jennajoehro Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    1/2 marathon gal here! I have a 1/2 on May 1st and am going to aim for a full in mid-September. I have found this (as in My Fitness Pal) tremendously helpful in being able to keep track of what I've eaten and when, and what works for me in re: to "fueling" myself prior to long runs or hard workouts.
    I think you'll find this website to be a good asset for you as you continue your training over the summer. Good luck!
  • okmum33
    Options
    MFP my fitness pal..done three halfs, two nice flat ones and one very hilly one in Spain..my 1st marathon, I think my last, although I love running i also like mountain walking, cycling and cant fit it all in while training..started fell running a few weeks ago and really enjoy that more than road running..not enough weekends thats my problem.

I am doing half marathon in Rockford Illinois in May and full in Quad CIties in September. It's not too bad. I really love running and substitute my hobbies for running. It works. Helps balance everything I do! I run for distance...not speed. lol

What is mfp?
    [/quote]
  • littlewatty1980
    littlewatty1980 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    THis will be my third half marathon. I did one flat and one hilly as well. My first full marathon will be at the hilly one. I like a challange! I too enjoy other things. I finished two sprint triathlons last year as well. I think I will have to avoid those this year to focus on running but really love to bike/swim/and other things on my cross training days. I also love P90X. That is helping me take my fitness to a new level! So I am incorporating some of that into my marathon training plan.
  • okmum33
    Options
    would love to do a tri, only manage a duathlon, go swimming once a week but really struggle, the head movement makes me dizzy..crazy I know, keep meaning to go docs and find out why, but too busy training..good luck with your marathon..happy training
  • HopeytheHopester
    HopeytheHopester Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    In the summer I run a little bit. It's makes me really tired. I usually would run/jog half a mile every once in a while. I just joined mpf about 2 weeks ago, so hi! Gotta run. (not literally!):embarassed: