gross question..enter at own risk

Options
Ok so how do you measure calories if you throw up during the day? I had cereal and then crackers and cheese today and a good 1/4 of all that came back up.....Again..SORRY too much info.. but Do I change how much I eat or something or just leave it? Did I still absorb those calories even if they didnt pass my stomach?

Replies

• ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    you don't! Just worry about getting better not the calories.
  • tmaksparkie
    tmaksparkie Posts: 279
    Options
    I would count it and go on with my day. Feel better
  • AngieMMc
    AngieMMc Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I guess the first question I have is why do you throw up during the day? Is this an every day occurrence?
  • susancelli928
    Options
    UHM, no if it came back up it doesn't count. I would just leave the calories alone for today since you are sick. However I would most definitely make sure you are drinking plenty of so you don't get dehydrated.
  • dendra7
    dendra7 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    :sick: Wow, that is gross. I'd say go easy on yourself, eat some nice & easy food- worry more about quality than quantity and leave the calories alone. It all will work out in the wash...or toilet in your case.
  • AmyB2011
    AmyB2011 Posts: 48
    Options
    Personally I wouldn't count those calories. I hope you feel better soon!
  • Laurens08
    Options
    Well I know from a medicine standpoint if you kept it down for at least an hour you absorbed it but if it was a pretty instantaneous thing then no they didn't get absorbed. You have to look it from the stand point of when different things get absorbed.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I guess the first question I have is why do you throw up during the day? Is this an every day occurrence?

I was wondering myself. Sick? Pregnant? Bulimic? (sorry you never know!)
  • KELM0710
    KELM0710 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    ok so it was probably absorbed. Sorry it was so gross description lol. No it is not an everyday occurence..never..I had a cereal that I have only tried 2 other times and thought maybe i would give it another go..<--stupid.. and third time was the charm..each time it made me nausous but this time it actually went farther. I will leave it and focus on a much better dinner coming up.

Thanks!!
  • lady_daraine
    Options
    Well, if you are sick, don't worry about it. Just focus on getting better. If you really need to worry about it (like you are an OCD-style food logger) then if you can still tell what it is, don't count it. If your stomach processed it to the point you can't tell what it was, do count it. You'll be off a little, but that's okay. Also, make sure you add some calories to your intake, since being sick, vomiting, and healing all take a higher calorie load, so if you can eat enough to make up for it, do. If not, don't worry if you are a little extra hungry for a few days - you need to make sure your body has recovered so you don't get sick again, so eat a little more. Health is more important than weight loss.
  • AutimnRose
    Options
    I agree that you first need to worry about why youre throwing up. If your sick then dont worry about the calories. Just get yourself better and start fresh when you feel better. If your pregnant then you need to be eating to keep you and the babay healthy and not worry about calories as long as your eating healthy. If its something els then once again you need to be worried about being healthy before anything els.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    1. Look at your Food Diary, write down every thing you consumed in the last several hours.
    2. Figure out the caloric average per ounce of what you consumed.
    3. Scoop up the vomitus.
    4. Weigh it.
    5. Multiply average caloric value by weight of vomitus.
    6. Voila!! Deduct from Food Diary.

Good Job!!
  • KELM0710
    KELM0710 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    LOL oookk..i was just curious.. Its not really a huge deal.. It was a one time thing... I do appreciate all the feed back tho. I just left it as it is. If I go over today on my calories I just wont be as worried.
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    LMAO Omg I don't know wtheck but seriously I had a dream last night that I threw up and was worrying about the raining calories... in my dream I ended up saying aww screw it I'm not gonna eat my 1500 cals today anyway so who cares? lol

I do hope you feel better soon though!
  • Pardonmyweight
    Options
    I wouldn't count the calories for the day since you are not up to par. If you are not pregnant, get a piece of fresh ginger, slice a bit off and eat it with a cracker. That will settle your stomach for sure. You can also purchase ginger in tablet form. My daughter has the tablets and carries them with her.
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    1. Look at your Food Diary, write down every thing you consumed in the last several hours.
    2. Figure out the caloric average per ounce of what you consumed.
    3. Scoop up the vomitus.
    4. Weigh it.
    5. Multiply average caloric value by weight of vomitus.
    6. Voila!! Deduct from Food Diary.

Good Job!!

eewww
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    i'd not worry about it tbh. and it depends what you eat for absorption Your mouth enzymes do star to break down food but not a significant amount
  • borichfan
    borichfan Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I would think that would depend on how soon after you ate that you threw it back up. If your body had time to digest any of it or not.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    feel better soon!