Weight Watchers and MFP

Options
Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone is doing Weight Watchers and MFP? I start WW tonight and was wondering if anyone out there is doing both also, and If you can give me some feedback I would appreciate it. I have been doing MFP and staying under my calories and going to the gym and zumba 5 days a week but didn't lose a pound, actually I gained a pound or two in 8 weeks ....Thanks, Danyelle

Age 44 Female
Current Weight 140
Goal Weight 125

Replies

• DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Why would you do both? They are the same thing except WW calls it PP and we call it calories. I was on WW for a few months but just switched over to MFP. it's free and the same thing. I tracked several days of my MFP food diary and I was on target with my ww pp.
    Good luck,
    Debbie
  • elle18287
    elle18287 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    It isn't exactly the same thing. I don't go to meetings, but I do keep track of my points in my notes section because I did weight watchers a long time ago and still have all of the stuff! I find it helpful because it is just another tool to make sure you are staying on track. Weight Watchers (at least the old stuff I have) take into account how fat and fiber in your meals.... I am sure you know all about it. It is just another good tool to have! A lot of people have lost weight with WW so it isn't going to hurt to write down your points. I wouldn't suggest paying for meetings though. You can look any food's point value up online.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I came here after gaining weight on WW. I lost a lot under the old plan, but with the new one, I gained. What I found was that because I already eat so many fruits, vegetables and lean proteins, the WW plan was too many points. There were some days, where I would eat all my calories on here (workout and daily) and still had APs left (I had it take my APs before WPs). If I had eaten my APs, I would have had about 1700 calories for the day and still had WPs left. That's why I was gaining--too many calories.

I know others have had a completely different experience. You have to find a plan that works for you. Good luck
  • elle18287
    elle18287 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I have heard negative things about the new points plus. I do the old points (Flex Points) and usually run out before my calories do...with out using the flex points I mean. I always end up around 1200 with WW and my calorie goal is 1370. You can do both, just be smart when looking at both systems.
  • danyelle67
    danyelle67 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your feedback, I am so confused....Not sure if I want to pay for WW when MFP is free. But maybe the weigh-in every week in front of my friends will keep me on my toes. Thanks again.
  • danyelle67
    danyelle67 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Wow first night of WW, got weighed in was 4lbs more on their scale. WTH.....However, hopefully I can get this it seems like I am getting alot of points per day...Hopefully I will see some results with WW 8 weeks to reach my goal I would love to lose at least 15 lbs... Also took a 1 hr zumba class afterwards, tomorrow is leg day at the gym and Day 1 of WW. I will keep ya posted my friends...