Should I eat the Ben and Jerrys?

Options
Hi, so my current intake is 587 cals… there’s b&j’s phish food frozen yoghurt downstairs mmm i could have half a tub for 450 cals that would bring my total to 1037… should i do it or not?

Replies

• ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    How much of your day is left? If I ate the ice cream, I would still have hours and hours til bed time. Fail. I'd just wind up overeating later because I'm hungry. Nothing wrong with a treat, just make sure you are planning it out!
  • Carnage79
    Options
    If it fit in with your diet plan sure... It all boils down to calories - only thing to bear in mind is unless your protein intake is high on a low cal diet, you WILL lose muscle tone; and that's just as important to bare irrespective of gender.
  • Dais710
    Dais710 Posts: 1
    Options
    Only if you are sure it will only be 1/2 the tub. I thought the same thing last week. I could eat quarter of the tub. Maybe even half and i would still be within my calorie goal. Well the entire tub later I was over my calories and upset at myself.
  • T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    it really depends on how much time is left in your day! if you've already eaten dinner, then yea, go for it!
  • leannediet
    Options
    It's 8:20pm currently where I am, so pretty late. I've had 32g of protein so far out of (according to MyFitnessPal) the reccomended 45g.
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I would not eat B&Js just to meet your calorie goal. I would suggest almonds, fruit, peanut butter, tuna. All the sugar and fat will not be good in the long run even if you are still under your calorie goal.
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I would say no for now and have some water (8-16 oz) and if you still want it in 30-45 minutes have 1/4 of the tub. I do that when I am craving something that is higher in calories and debating on whether or not to eat it. More often than not, I don't want it after some water and time.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    i know a lot of people might not agree with me .... but i dont think its all about calories i like to eat low fat and i dont think the 500 calories from fruit would amount to the same as 500 calories of ben and jerrys come weigh in time? call me out say im wrong
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    It's 8:20pm currently where I am, so pretty late. I've had 32g of protein so far out of (according to MyFitnessPal) the reccomended 45g.

If it's late, definitely NO on the B&Js. I know we need to meet the calorie intake goal BUT if you can't do it healthy, then it's not going to make it better. Just use this as a learning experience and make sure to manage your calorie intake during the day.
  • JRenee133
    JRenee133 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Don't do it! :) Regardless of calories, you'll feel so much better when you wake up in the morning and realized you made the healthy choice!
  • MSDRIZZ
    MSDRIZZ Posts: 246
    Options
    Maybe eat 1/4 of it? Either way make sure you dish out what you're going to eat and then walk away to eat it. I only get 1200 calories a day so I wouldn't do it. I would get some low fat frozen yogurt[, but there are other things I may splurge on and just log it and stay in my recommended calories. quote]
    Only if you are sure it will only be 1/2 the tub. I thought the same thing last week. I could eat quarter of the tub. Maybe even half and i would still be within my calorie goal. Well the entire tub later I was over my calories and upset at myself.
    [/quote]
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I think if you're doing well with the diet overall, and you're craving a treat... and you're done eating real food for the day, go for it. Don't make it a HABIT, though. I do similar things once in a while (once or twice a week I'll sneak in a dessert) IF I've eaten well the rest of the day and IF it keeps me under my calorie intake goals... So, yeah... if you really want to, go for it... :D
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    NO!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    NO!
  • leannediet
    Options
    I've decided against it, but I'm hungryyy and it's late. Should I eat something or just go to bed after eating 587 calories? Any snack ideas lol?
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    yougurt, apples, pretzels, twizzlers, vitatops, fiberone bar ........... anything but ben and jerrys ....... lol
    I've decided against it, but I'm hungryyy and it's late. Should I eat something or just go to bed after eating 587 calories? Any snack ideas lol?
  • leannediet
    Options
    yougurt, apples, pretzels, twizzlers, vitatops, fiberone bar ........... anything but ben and jerrys ....... lol
    Thanks, in the end I had an apple and some pineapple bringing my intake to 713cals.
  • carguy42503
    carguy42503 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have one thing to add... having a treat here & there is a good thing. It is satisfying and it keeps you from binging. So having some Ben & Jerry's isn't all bad but these are a couple things I would consider:

1. obviously you want to stay within your calories
    2. you don't need to eat a lot for it to be a treat... I eat Breyers coffee ice cream one 4oz scoop at a time for 130 cals each
    3. slipping in some bad food here & there is OK but it should be a small percentage...
    but definitely not 450 of 1037 cals or 43% of your whole day's worth of calories

I am glad that you decided not to do it... :smile: