Other exercise with 30 Day Shred?

Options
Like many people here I started the 30 Day Shred today. I'm new to the whole exercising thing and am wondering if I should be doing any other types of exercise while I do this. I'm not really looking to lose more than 5-10 pounds. I'm really here to start eating healthier and getting into shape. I'm turning 30 this year and my good genetics are starting to give out on me. lol So I decided it was time to make a change and be healthy!

Should I be doing other cardio or strength training along with it or will doing the DVD every day be enough? I am sore from doing it this morning and can't really imagine doing anything else. lol Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Replies

• CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    When I did the 30DS I always followed it up with an hour of cardio...jogging or biking BUT! I was looking to lose a lot of weight then and I did! I would say you should try sticking to the 30DS and if you feel like doing more than do more! Start with a half hour of cardio and see how you feel. Good Luck
  • blondie1238
    blondie1238 Posts: 182
    Options
    I do the Shred and and a few days I week I do some cardio, like the elliptical or treadmill!
  • jaydensmommy2010
    jaydensmommy2010 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    When I first started 30 day shred I was so sore, but trust me it gets better! I didn't lose any weight with this, but inches, not sure how many but my clothes were looser. Now that I am a lot stronger I do 30 day shred then the elliptical afterwards for 20-30 mins. When I first did 30 day shred I didn't do any other exercise and wasn't about to either! haha
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    it's totally up to you - some people supplement it with other workout because the 20 mins on Shred burn anywhere between 150-300 calories. Some people want to burn more just in case someone's birthday party is coming up :-D
  • redhotmel12
    Options
    I do the elliptical for about 20 minutes to get my HR up, then I do the 30DS after. It helps me boost my calorie burn by doing the elliptical first. Good luck!
  • lfritze
    lfritze Posts: 5
    Options
    Since you are only looking to lose 5-10 pounds, I think the shred itself should be enough. I am on week 3, level 3 and have lost 6 pounds. You will definately gain some muscle mass. I'm looking to lose 12 more pounds, so I started adding cardio 2 days a week. I think you'll do fine, but stick with it. Everyday.
  • mislove68
    mislove68 Posts: 240
    Options
    When I first started the shred I just did that. I did level 1 for about 3 weeks and after I started lvl 2 I added in an hour cardio 3 days a week.

Shred sure did give me the endurance to do more! Great dvd!
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    I do the 30 DS then 30 minutes on the treadmill doing a fast walk with bursts of jogging. But I am trying to lose more than you, so maybe just the Shred will be enough! I started Friday and am down 1.6 pounds already! Good luck in you journey!!
  • amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options
    Thanks guys! I've only been here a few weeks and I already love all the support on the boards. :)

I think I'll start with just the Shred and maybe next time I do it I'll add some more exercise to it.