Overweight Tomboy Brit, working out regularly - friends want

Options
TourThePast
TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
The thread title says it all really.

I'm British and fat and weak (physically and food wise), I've been going to the gym three times a week for the last six weeks, but while I'm getting a bit stronger and fitter I have only lost a pound of fat.

Frankly this is because for years I've been stuffing far more food and drink down my gullet than I could possibly need, and it's got to stop.

This site is awesome, I really do think that recording everything I eat will make me stop and reflect before I grab that piece of cheese or pour that extra glass or two of wine.

If there is anyone in a similar position out there who is looking for friends for mutual support, I'd love to hear from you.

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    You are welcomed with open arms!!
  • dorairwin
    dorairwin Posts: 210
    Options
    Welcome i am new too...:smile:
  • TourThePast
    Options
    Gosh, replies already, thank you so much for the warm welcome and good luck to you all. :)
  • eatingmysandshoe
    Options
    Welcome - also from the UK, fat, but getting fitter courtesy of cycling, Zumba and 30 Day Shred! Add me as a friend if you like!
  • C_Bran
    C_Bran Posts: 254
    Options
    Welcome. Glad to have you. Keep pushing. You may not have lost any "weight" but you may have converted fat into muscle.
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Great place this!
  • TourThePast
    Options
    You may not have lost any "weight" but you may have converted fat into muscle.
    You'd think so, but unfortunately not in my case. Hardly surprising, as I didn't address my eating or drinking at all at first, if anything I ate even more than usual while I was getting used to spending regular time at the gym!

My goal was to get into a routine of regular exercise before trying to make other big lifestyle changes. It's worked out well so far, my workouts have brought my stress levels down to a point where I can tackle my eating and drinking habits. The easy bit's done, the hard part is to keep it up!