Supplements

Options
I'm a pretty big believer in supplements... my mama was on me my whole life to take them, and at 30, I finally started listening. Just curious about what supplements you guys take everyday and what you think of them.

Replies

• hedgertiger
    hedgertiger Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I take protein shake post workout, a multi vitamin with probiotic and cod liver oil. Im considering a Green tea extract too as Ive read great reports on them
  • jennlee80
    jennlee80 Posts: 142
    Options
    Multi vitamin/mineral, spirulina, fish oil, probiotic and vitamin C. What do you take?
  • wwaaffllee
    Options
    multi vitamin, essential EFA, calcium & magnesium, and b12
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    Solotron without iron, rice protein supp in shake form, omega 3-6-9, probiotic, and an enzyme pill for my belly digestion.
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    GNC Women's Active Multi-Vitamin (I think that's the name)
    Vitamin E
    Chromium Picolinate
  • barefootbeautiful
    Options
    As far as pill supplements - multivitamin, vitamin D (I live in the northern tundra), and an Omega-3,-6 DHA/ARA pill. I'm getting some flax seed as well.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    fish oil, calcium, vitamin d-3, vitamin a, vitamin c, potassium, biotin and vitamin e

im going to cut out the d-3 soon though, since its starting to get warmer out, i will be spending more time out side, and i would rather get my vitamin d from natural sources :)
  • smithda86
    smithda86 Posts: 10
    Options
    most medical people will tell u that they are a waste of money for most people. if you are healthy, eat a balanced diet and aren't deficient in anything in particular, there really is no reason to take them, you're just creating expensive pee lol.

that said I am taking a multivitamin myself while I am trying to lose weight, yet this is not based on any real evidence and quite possibly really isn't necessary.

also on the protein powder to help build muscle, which also isn't necessary per se, but does give a good protein source.
  • tlwatson
    tlwatson Posts: 9
    Options
    I take multivitamin, probiotic, and fiber pill all from GNC also protein shakes as a meal replacement or with a meal. You can over do yourself. I was just at a GNC and the guy told me you can overload yourself. You may ask your doctor or check with your local health food store like GNC,Complete Nutrition, Hope things work out for you.
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Multi vitamin/mineral, spirulina, fish oil, probiotic and vitamin C. What do you take?

I take a metabolism support multi, Evening Primrose Oil, 5-HTP (morning and night), Coenzyme Q10, biotin, folic acid, B-6 with magnesium, L-Glutamine, probiotics and cod liver oil. 5-HTP is a big lifesaver for me... helps me sleep (which I struggle with), as well as controlling cravings.
  • jennlee80
    jennlee80 Posts: 142
    Options
    Unless you are eating a 80% raw diet, I personally believe you should take some type of supplements. Food matters is a great documentary for those who are confused about supplements! Good luck to everyone on there goals.
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    A daily generic pro biotic multivitamin, and a daily 20g protein drink - email me if you want the brand - its delicious fruit drink (not a shake) - most milk shake based ones make me feel sick! I take it around lunch time: not only does it help with recovery from the gym (I go in the evenings) but it keeps me feeling full all afternoon - which is good because we tend to go to the gym 7pm-9pm and eat a small dinner or protein & carb flapjack afterwards. I cant work out on a full stomach and don't want to be full when I go to bed but your body needs these things post-exercise (ideally within 30 mins)
  • sheetsofheaven
    sheetsofheaven Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Calcium is very important for women to prevent osteoporosis