New Member, Need some friends!

Options
Hello Everyone,
I joined about 2 weeks ago and have been addicted ever since. I started p90x at the beginning of January but then gave up shortly after since I felt I was getting no where. Since finding this site I've kept up with exercising almost daily, if not at least 5 times a week. I find even doing something small like walking home from school to be at least beneficial.
I'm a 4th year nutrition student at University, and I always thought that I tried to eat healthy, but clearly not enough. I don't want to be the fattest class member any longer, especially since I feel like I'll be judged if I ever go to find a job and I'm not thin.

At the beginning of January I weighed around 198-196. And now I'm at 189-187. My goal weight is 130 to be a healthy BMI range.

I don't see much of a change since January even though I tried really hard, but I've lost about 3 pounds since starting 2 weeks ago on here, so I'm hoping this will help even more!

Here's my technical before picture (Beginning of January):
IMG_2880.jpg

And Here's what I look like as of today:
IMG_3626.jpg

Replies

• nmain
    nmain Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will find a lot of support on this site! Feel free to add me if you would like! Good luck, I know you can do it!
  • jene77
    jene77 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou: fill free to add me....
  • Lsng4good
    Lsng4good Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hey! Way to go!! Keep up the great work. It's definitely not quick and easy to lose it, but it's definitely Worth it! :)
  • Myndmelt
    Myndmelt Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site!
  • KJacobson84
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I joined last week and don't have a lot of friends on here yet either.
  • carlybarley22
    carlybarley22 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Add sent!
  • jase111
    jase111 Posts: 83
    Options
    Welcome! I just added you! Good luck!
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    This is a great place to get your life organized!! I came here to lose weight, but along the way, I've picked up some pretty great life skills, great friends and an entirely new perspective. I know you will do great!! And if you ever need to vent or just hear a kind word, I'm here! :bigsmile:
  • nicshaw95
    nicshaw95 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You're here, so that's a good start! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp it's a great site. Feel free to add me to your friends list
  • paperbagprincess
    Options
    AWesome! I find this site helps A LOT of ppl who have struggled with losing weight. The support here is great! Good luck on ur journey! :D
  • MariaPCanDoIt
    Options
    Hi & welcome! Feel free to add me too! I need friends :) I've lost 16lbs so far and I'm excited to say that I'm loving every minute of it! Can't wait to share with others here and learn what everyone else is going through :)
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It's a great place for motivation, support and advice. I've lost 8lbs in 2 weeks thanks to the mfp site and app. Only 132 lbs to go.
  • Brittney24
    Brittney24 Posts: 105
    Options
    Thank you everyone, you guys all seem so awesome!
  • timmy2strikes
    timmy2strikes Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    OMG Brittney!!! i don't which is worse... We have almost the exact same build. Either I am built like a 22 year old woman or you are built like a 40 year old man! Either way I know if we both work at it and stick to it we will change our selves for the better. Welcome aboard.
  • Briacha
    Briacha Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou:
    add me!
  • Girl1Beagle4
    Girl1Beagle4 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!!!! You can add me as a friend. I love giving support!