Logging activities help?

Options
Hi, wasn't sure where to put this. If I have my activity level set to sedentary, what sort of activity does it account for without me providing it? Should I log, say, my ten-minute walk to class, or only exercise/extensive walking/etc.?

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Don't log stuff you do everyday....as a general rule, only log exercise you do for the purpose of exercise. Now if you were to spend a day walking all over (like at a fair or something) that you didn't normally do, then log that, or if you give your house a really good cleaning to the point you're really sweating I would log that. But for the most part, if it is everyday activity, don't log it.
  • saldridge
    saldridge Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I agree with Amy, I generally log something as exercise if I am breaking a sweat. If I am not, it is just part of being alive and breathing, even if I moved one foot in front of the other.
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Yep, I usually just try to log what I call "intentional" exercise. Thinks that I made an extra effort to do. Things like laundry and small, daily cleaning tasks I don't count. They just provide an extra cushion!