What do you do once you reach your goal?

Options
My goal was to loose 14 pounds, in which I lost! I am now 149 pounds and is 5'8. I am afraid (mentally) to increase my calories to maintain the weight. I think its now mental that I can't go over 1200 calories. What do I do?

Replies

• kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    1st...do a happy dance and shout it from the rooftops! :flowerforyou:
    2nd...change your goals to maintain

If it bumps your calories up a bunch, maybe increase them slowly for now so you don't freak your body out too much, and then just see what happens. You have to realize that once you are at goal you can't expect to maintain the same exact weight every week. It'll fluctuate a little bit. Don't worry about it too much. Just increase your calories slowly if that makes you feel better.

CONGRATS!!! :drinker:
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I know that once I reach my goal weight, I am going to stay on here and adjust my exercise and weight loss. I will go down to 3-4 30 minutes exercises per week and no weight loss. I figure I should be able to maintain my weight and if I gain, I will adjust again. You could try that. But be honest on how much you will exercise and stick to it so you don't gain the weight back. And remember to eat healthy for the most part.
  • qla3
    qla3 Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks kao708!!!
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Increase your calories by 100-200 a week until you get to maintenance calories.
  • angp7711
    angp7711 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    First of all Congrats on your loss!

If you are working out at a pace that isn't something that you can keep in your lifestyle long term I would back off a little bit there and then SLOWLY add calories and make sure that they are calories are coming from nutritious foods. The doctor that I work with has said that 2-4 wks at goal weight on your losing calorie level and if you keep losing then add 100-200 cals a day for 2 weeks and see where it gets you. You may notice that it is a matter of just dropping one workout and eating one additional small snack that is the difference between losing and maintaining.