munchies!

Options
how do you stop eating when you're feeling peckish? i know i'm not hungry, but i want to eat something! what do i do?!

Replies

• tbranch3634
    Options
    chew gum, it helps a lot
  • goast_10940
    Options
    eat fruit or some almonds just until you feel satisfied don't over eat that should get ride of that problem
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    find something to distract me...the busier I am, the less I eat...or exercise, I never feel like eating (during or) right after a workout
  • Hsanders3961
    Hsanders3961 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Gum helps me a lot as well. I have about 4 different flavors available at all times to choose from. I often get cravings for chocolate...which cant exactly be satisfied with gum, LOL, so I keep some chocolate chips in the house and get one serving size and eat them one...by...one.... Usually my craving is done by the time I finish them. OH....and the best thing to do--get up and move! It will get your mind off of what you want to eat.
  • spankywife
    spankywife Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Drink a glass of water and do something to distract yourself. I read somewhere that a "munchy attack" only lasts about 20 minutes. I take a walk or clean something when I feel it coming on. Good luck!
  • hgellings
    hgellings Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I get this way a lot...I love to snack! I know it sounds hard, but try drinking a tall glass of water and that gives me that full feeling for a while. If I need something with flavor I add MIO or crystal light. Good luck :)