fell off the wagon :(

Options
Ok, so I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed on March 1st. It took about 2 weeks for me to be able to eat "real" food, and now it has been nearly 3 weeks and I am still off the wagon!

I need to get back on track and I need motivation!!!!!

Please help?!?!?!?!?

Replies

• mangorabbit
    mangorabbit Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Summer..the time of shorts....

..and of course the hardest part is the starting.

You can do this! Come and ache with those of us that are getting back into the swing of things (or just starting).

Have you continued logging your cals? I find that logging my food is rough when I am 'off the reservation' but makes it quite clear that I am slacking... For motivation I also made my food diary public *wince* as an extra incentive to behave, if you think that might help?

^_^
  • riannenrings
    riannenrings Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    all i can say honey is SAME HERE. you are not alone!

today is day one of my "refocusing"...heres what i have been thinking:

its all in my power

i WANT to do this, i dont "need" to (that kind of thinking leads to rebellious thoughts)

i want to exercise and feel good after and see results later

i want to eat right and feel the benefits

i want to be in control of myself again.

i know that only the first few days will be the most tough and then it will become routine again.

kinda seems like thinking about it as though it is something that i can feel excited to be doing is a motivating approach.

hope that helps!
  • kcmckillip
    kcmckillip Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I haven't fallen off the wagon yet, but I'm sure I will! Here's my thoughts:

Don't focus on falling off the wagon; "stuff" happens. Focus on the good work you did up to that point, and then get back on the wagon! If you did it once, you can do it again. Also, look back at you original motivators. Why did you start doing this in the first place?

Also, maybe you could start back slowly. Example: you could set your weight loss goal a little lower until you get back into the swing of things.
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon back in May...after my wedding. I went on a cruise, had a pretty serious surgery, and went home for the holidays where I ate every cookie my mother put in front of me. I gained 13 pounds. I got back on the Wagon in Jan. and have FINALLY lost the weight, but it seems like such a waste of time...gaining all that weight just to put me more behind. A few days wont kill you, a few months might. Stay on track!
  • cindy859
    cindy859 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    If you can't get back on all at once take it one step at a time and keep telling yourself how proud and happy you'll be once you get back on. You can do it! Give yourself a really good pep talk. Good luck
  • mnm324
    mnm324 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks everyone for the quick respone!!! I do want to get back on track and can totally tell the difference of "tracking" and not tracking. I just feel GROSS!

Guess I should stop fretting over how much more I would have lost if only I'd stayed on track....shoulda, coulda, woulda, but DIDN'T!!

Summer is just around the corner, and off-shore fishing is our passion and I certainly don't want to be out fishing in a sweatsuit!!!