So does this program really work?

Those of you that have been doing myfitnesspal for awhile has it worked well for you? I would like to hear some stories to help me be reassured that this program will work.

Replies

• Those of you that have been doing myfitnesspal for awhile has it worked well for you? I would like to hear some stories to help me be reassured that this program will work.
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    this program is simple, log on everyday and document everything you eat, stick to your daily calories and watch the results....
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Since I started at the beginning of November, I have lost over 15 pounds. It was a real eye opener when I was entering my meals. I was eating tooooo much. Since monitoring, I have changed my whole food intake and exercising. I feel healthier, happier, and the support from all the people here has been amazing. You may not know everybody in person, but you feel like you do. The people here understand what we are all going through, and that was makes it real here. People are willing to go the extra mile to help you find the answer you are looking for. The advice is amazing and there is always a new idea to help direct you to the right path.
  • athomemommy
    athomemommy Posts: 136 Member
    yes I works if you want it to work. It is not a miracle you have to want it. I have lost 48 lbs since June 07 and I have 36 more to go and this site has made it easier to do it with the info and support of the community
  • Paeonia
    Paeonia Posts: 161
    The key to weight loss is knowing how much you're eating, and not slipping in "hidden" calories. If you're completely honest with what you're eating and how much, and diligently logging it all and not going over your calories, then yes, it will work.
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    It works as well as one is honest with one's self. :smile:
  • myfitness pal, is just one of the things i am using to loose weight and become healthy. It works because i make it work. I have lost 13.5 lbs since Oct 26...that is proof enough for me. In the end we are what causes us to get healthy and loose weight...things like mfp are like hammers in the tool box.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    When I began here in Aug I was a 280. The years got by me and with a thyroid issue I didn't think I could ever lose it. Well I am down to 250 and though I am on a plateau right now I hope to break it soon. But 30 lbs is still an accomplishment to me. I can't wait to start losing again.

Everyone is right though, be honest with yourself. One bad day is not the end but alot of days of not being honest with yourself will sabotage you. Anyone can do this. It does make you think about food differently because the better you eat the more you generally can have. Because healthy food is generally lower in calories and fat.

Eve
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    I started in mid September with a goal to lose 30 pounds. As of today I have lost 19. Not only has logging my food helped me to be very aware of what Im eating I find that logging exercise also motivates me to push for more. I started with walking 30 minutes a day 6 times per week and am now walking 90 minutes a day 3 times a week and cycling 90 minutes per day 3 times per week.

Reading everyones stories and getting encouragement is very helpful, but you have to do the work.:happy:
  • I only joined a few days ago, but already I have lost 2 pounds. Its really made me realise that some of the things I thought were good to eat on a diet, are actually full of calories. Its just made me more realistic about everything I eat and I have so far managed to avoid my danger nibble times (such as finishing off whatever food my kids leave on their plates!) because I am so detemined not to go over my daily allowance. For me its very early days but I am feeling really positive and determined. My husband says I have become addicted to this site, but I'm sure he won't complain when I'm losing weight and looking gorgeous!