what is your "pump it up" music of choice?

Options
Hey! Curious to know what music keeps you out in myfitnesspal.com-land motivated as you work out? Currently, for me, it's the dance-worthy tunes of Beyonce, Jennifer Hudson, Mariah Carey, Missy Elliot, Nicki Minaj, Robin Thicke, Black Eyed Peas and a few old-school Britney Spears that keep me steady on the elliptical.

What on your iPod or other mp3 player makes you want to move your body and sweat it out?

Replies

• Candyrot89
    Options
    fighting music lol....Lets go by lil john ....Fighter by Christina Aguilara. Zombie by Natalia Kills..Lil Kim....Dirty Diana by Michael Jackson....and rock music..like New Breed by Oh, Sleeper....

AND I LOVE the song Beautiful Dangerous with fergie and slash.
  • shopchik12
    Options
    Anything techno! Also- Rihanna, Ke$sha, Katy Perry, and Beyonce are all great! My current favorite workout song is "It's Alright" by Pit Bull. This song has a really great latin beat. Gets you pumped!
  • llaurena
    llaurena Posts: 1
    Options
    I listen to Linkin Park, Taproot, 30 second to Mars, Chevelle, Papa Roach, Britney Spears new album cause it is definitely good pump up music.

I change it up but mostly Rock music.
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    i listen to anything and everything pretty much, from disco to 80's pop to rock to dance...whatever has the right beat for what i am doing. although usually, if i am using my ipod, i just set it to random. i should really look at setting up some playlists that are beat specific...lol
  • teachparents
    teachparents Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    it sounds really old and it is.. but roy orbinson.. "mean woman blues" it rocks!!! great pick me up!
  • newbeautifulme
    Options
    Pandora station named Black Eyed Peas :)
  • KeepingChocolate
    KeepingChocolate Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This is a timely question because I was thinking the other day how I need to put together a playlist so I'm not constantly having to manually look for the songs I enjoy working out to. I've got Press Play (NY2LA), Beckah Shae (Life; Here in This Moment), Charmaine (Run), David Crowder Band (O Happiness), Newsboys, and Tobymac.
  • Chedda21
    Chedda21 Posts: 3
    Options
    My favorite music is almost the same as you, I like listening to Beyonce, Rhianna, Lil Wayne, 50 cent, Tech N9ne, and anything that reminds me of why I want to work out in the first place, and that is to feel good about myself again. I also like old school music like Zapp and Roger etc.
  • bluk30
    bluk30 Posts: 37
    Options
    Rock of Ages. Loud.

(yes, I am THAT cliche' )
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Trance for cardo. Metal for lifting.
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    Dub FX- Soothe Your Pain, Love Someone, Love Me or Not, Flow, etc...just Dub FX in general. Eminem(Not Afraid), Green Day (Know Your Enemy, Horseshoes and Handgrenades, Walking Contradiction, Hitchin' a Ride, St. Jimmy, Redundant, Waiting, Warning....okay EVERYTHING) , Seether (Remedy, Fake It), Hollywood Undead (Everywhere I Go, Undead, *****es, Young), Nelly (Country Grammar, Airforce Ones), Tim McGraw (Where the Green Grass Grows, Indian Outlaw), Three Days Grace (Riot), Alanis Morisette (I'm a *****, You Oughta Know, One Hand In My Pocket), Cloud Cult (Washed Your Car), Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young (Anything from the album Harvest); KiD CuDi.... Thick as a Brick by Jethro Tull- but that might just be me.

Also, Linkin Park's album "Hybrid Theory." I AM NOT KIDDING. Every song makes me want to run for an hour.
  • kartunes
    kartunes Posts: 46
    Options
    Anything from the TOP 40 usually gets me pumped up or any songs that I know every word to! Or rap usually gets me pumped up like Drake, Lupe Fiasco or J. Cole.
  • skos1172
    skos1172 Posts: 8
    Options
    QOTSA
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    anything by rihanna, born this way by lady gaga, paralyzer by finger eleven, I like pink raise your glass, oh and so many more. I'm just drawing a blank right now.
  • jclji4
    jclji4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    KANYE WEST...AND OLD DANCE MUSIC FROM MY COLLEGE DAYS.
  • ILuvLifehouse
    ILuvLifehouse Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My new obsession is Enrique Iglesias especially "Tonight" and "I Like It" that makes me want to stop walking and start running but I wouldn't last very long. Another that gets me fired up is Nickelback and of course Lifehouse.
  • gagejennifer
    Options
    Id say any of Bon Jovi's upbeat songs......
  • kbeatty1015
    kbeatty1015 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Any Black-Eyed Peas song... that instantly gets me running.
  • JNiday
    JNiday Posts: 4
    Options
    For lifting weights, I usually stick to metal, grind, punk, and the various sub-genres of each. Anything with good heavy riffs or a good atmosphere keeps me going. Recently, I've been playing these bands quite a bit: Insect Warfare, Bolt Thrower, Municipal Waste, Wormrot, Champion, Wisdom in Chains, Bracewar, Have Heart, Weekend Nachos, Battery, Celtic Frost, Wulfgar, and Minor Threat.

For cardio, pretty much anything goes. I tend to keep the playlist a bit lighter than the one I use for lifting. The usual bands that pop up (besides some of those in the above list) are: Primordial, Tenhi, Cloud Cult, Sonic Boom Six, Streetlight Manifesto, Valravn and Dead Prez.
  • tssa
    tssa Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have bunch of songs on my nano. Everything ranging from Drake, Kanye , Jay Z, and Nick Minaj to Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, Pantera and Deftones. On my "WorkoutMix" alone, there's like 200 songs on there.

Right now the songs that gets me going are off of the Suckerpunch original soundtrack. ***SideNote: Movie was kinda lame, but soundtrack is AWESOME*** There's 2 songs on on there called "Army of Me" by Bjork (Yes, Bjork) and a remix of Queen's "I Want It All". You should check them out....

Sometimes, I want to just mellow out while I"m on the treadmill. I have my Telepopmusik, Fleet Foxes, Portishead, and Fiest for those times.