Daily treat.

Options
2»

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I have a daily treat.
    It varies, but usually comes after dinner, when my sweet tooth kicks in.
    One Swiss cake roll, or a yogurt, or strawberries with sugar (although I usually add fruit into my dinner), or an ice cream treat. I even bought mini candy bars that each have 100 calories. For me, I can do it if I have portion control on my side!

This has not effected my weight loss at all. I'm still moving right along, since my treat is included in my daily cals.
  • stephi92569
    Options
    I really like the 100 calorie snack packs. I love that I can have a few cookies, feel like I'm getting something sweet, and not botching my diet at all. My husband really likes them also. :tongue:
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Options
    It's a good day when I get a treat...I enter in all my calories, and if I have enough left over, I will treat myself! I like gelato, I also keep the 100 calorie Klondike ice cream bars and sandwiches in the freezer for such an occasion! Adds a skip to my step...I love GELATO NIGHT!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I have Sherbet and Cool Whip Free almost every day. Sometimes it's Reduced fat Graham crackers and cool whip with sugar free chocolate syrup. But...yes...almost everyday! :blushing: I have a HORRIBLE sweet tooth!!! But I am ALWAYS within my calories for the day, and if there's not enough, then I pass.
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Yes, I plan something almost every day.

Most days it's sugar free pudding or some kind of low fat/low sugar icecream treat (Walmart's Blue Bunny Orange Dreamsicles are great and only 80 calories). Sometimes it's popcorn or pretzels. At times I really want chocolate. I buy the large high quality dark chocolate bars. They normally have three servings in one bar. I break them up into six servings, wrap them in foil and keep them in a cookie jar. So if I crave chocolate, I have a square and it's usually less than 100 calories.

I get in trouble when I don't plan it and try to sneak one in. For some reason, those times lead to a binge.
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I have a cookie or some ice cream usually every day after dinner.
    But I work for it at the gym and make sure I have worked off enough cals for my dessert.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    sigh lately my daily treats are a little too frequent....I had a great visit w/ some friends and I can't seem to shake the treat thing....chips and crackers and cheese...not good...too much sodium...but when I'm being good I love my nightly frozen fat free yogurt from hoods, blueberries and cream...mmmm 1/2 cup is only 90 cals and it tastes sooo good...

hugs!
    Ali
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    My favorite treat is sugar free vanilla yogurt topped with 1/4 cup frozen wild blueberries, 2 tbsp. cool whip free, and a sprinkle of low-fat granola. I prefer this over ice cream! I do always make sure I work this into my allowed calories for the day.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Is the mcdonalds cold coffee sugar free or u have to ask them to give it to you sugar free?

You have to ask for the sugar free vanilla flavoring, otherwise you will get the regular syrup, and you'll have about 4 times the calories.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I plan a treat for almost every evening. I look forward to it all day, savor it and eat it slowly.
  • IAM125lbs
    IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I have a half cup of lite cool whip with a teaspoon of dry Jell-O pudding in the flavour I am yearning, or I'll have a popsicle or 100 calorie popcorn. If I don't consciously plan my sweet tooth or carbs cravings I can become a real looney.:devil: I intend my change in eating habits to be realistic and truly don't expect the sweets and carb cravings to die out completely. I pretty much stay within my calorie allotment or will excercise to make up the difference.