Anyone know much about ifit.com treadmills?

Options
Was just gifted a pretty nice treadmill ... a C1800i by NordicTrack, and there's info on there about the ifit connectivity program.

But based on what I'm reading on the ifit website and what I see in the owner's guide, the newer machines have a lot more flexibility. Does anyone have any experience with the ifit program that could give me some pointers? Would it be worth getting the wireless adapter to download courses from the web?

Replies

• tlkoehl
    tlkoehl Posts: 27
    Options
    yes it is worth it. We have an elliptical (Nordic trak) And did the sign up for 1yr and recieve wireless modem free. WORTH IT! You can work with a trainer or on your own, and have up to 4 users on the 1 account. However they need their own log in username, and it kicks in after each one does a work out. You can also create your own course and do tracks all over the world, even do the Great wall of China or around the world:bigsmile: Hope this is helpful
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I also have the elliptical Nordic trak and love the I Fit. it really gives you a great work out and keeps you moving
  • daddyratty
    daddyratty Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Good to know ... we're not able to upgrade our modem speed right now (it's $25 DSL but you have to wait for it to load videos, etc.), but I will keep this in mind in a few months when we're able to consider a couple other options. The "hook the treadmill to your DVD or VCR" option in the owner's manual was pretty hilarious, though I imagine that was pretty hot in 2003.